Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2012, 07:15 PM

29-08-12 Wren is a Tibetan Spaniel.

29-08-12 Wren is a dear little Tibetan Spaniel. She is smaller than a cav and really charming. She was being kept to be a breeding bitch but the breeder decided to send her us to re home instead. We have all fallen in love with her. She does not walk on a lead yet but clearly will learn. She will be best homes with a kind canine teacher as well as a very patient adopter.

Name: Wrenn

Breed: Tibetan Spaniel

Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Beautiful. Not often you see one in rescue.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 10:09 AM
She looks to be one of the smaller sized Tibbies like my Chloe.

I hope they find right home for her with an experienced owner and one that has a securely enclosed garden for her to play in.

Tibbies are "special" in that they don't conform to most doggy norms so they need an owner who's prepared to spend a lot of time and patience learning to understand what goes on in their highly intelligent brains. But once you get to know them and their quirky ways you'll have one of the most loyal and affectionate companions you could ever wish for.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I am starting to think that this is what my Missy is crossed with. We were told she was a Shizhu cross but i'm not sure.

She has the long back and curly tail like a Tibbie, and also the bowed front legs. She is also very 'cat like' in her ways, she will rub up against you like a cat, and is very light on her feet. and not to forget the overhsot jaw...
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-08-2012, 02:33 PM
The easiest way to tell whether Missy is part Tibbie is to look at her feet.

Tibbies are distinguished from other small breeds by their "hare-feet". You'll see what I mean if you take a close look at the photo of Wren. They also have feathering between the toes which extends over the feet and makes the feet look more elongated than they are.

Another interesting thing is that being a primitive breed many Tibbie females (including my own) only come into heat once a year.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I think she is then, her feet are like Charlie Chaplin's, and are certainly odd.
I wouldn;t know about the season thing because she is neutered