Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pitbull Victim View Post
Punctuation errors? without any credible evidence. Tut tut. You have now hit the nail on the head as to why I allude to you and your ilk as intellectual bankrupt's.

Incidently, "nuff said" is fair comment on video after video that highlights the danger to the public the Pitbull presents.

Have a nice day.
Unfortunately again you accuse others of what you, yourself are acting like.
Video's could be sourced all over the internet of different breeds being seen in a bad light, and "nuff said" is sadly insufficient in putting your point across.
If you would like a sensible discussion feel free to act maturely and discuss, not insult or degrade people with your verbal slanging match.
If you just want to state your opinion and not read any further that is fine too, but going around thinking all should think how you do on the pit bull breed, well that isn't going to happen and insults just become laughable as you are not showing yourself in any light that people would be highly regarding your opinion anyway.
Very few would be willing to support your views even if they were anti pit bull due to the damage you are doing to the reputation of anti pit bull people, luckily there are still antis that can have their views respected when put across in a manner that can form a discussion rather than throwing insults back and forth
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
funny thing... but true none the less:

here in Holland we have a commonly used term for someone who keeps repeating the same argument over and over in a "discussion", not listening to others, refusing to accept that others may have different opinions, and refusing to back-off..... guess what that name is (and this is really true): we call them Pit Bulls... (no offense meant to the sweet Pitt Bull Terriers out there)

Pitbull Victim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Interesting, that everybody who posted on this thread that Pitbulls were indeed dangerous, were shouted down by you imbeciles emerging from the woodwork. You single brain cell owners that support the Pitbull, but turn a blind eye to the death and destruction because it doesn't serve your purpose are the dregs of our ever worsening society. Have a nice day, made no doubt better by the news another child has been killed for your pleasure in Wyoming...

P.S. Daily Male Tazer? keep your sexual innuendo's to yourself.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Pitbull Victim View Post
Interesting, that everybody who posted on this thread that Pitbulls were indeed dangerous, were shouted down by you imbeciles emerging from the woodwork. You single brain cell owners that support the Pitbull, but turn a blind eye to the death and destruction because it doesn't serve your purpose are the dregs of our ever worsening society. Have a nice day, made no doubt better by the news another child has been killed for your pleasure in Wyoming...

P.S. Daily Male Tazer? keep your sexual innuendo's to yourself.
In case you missed it, no one on here said pit bulls can never be dangerous. The point that they were trying to make, and that you seem to not be able to wrap your mind around, is that all dogs can be dangerous. And that all dogs can NOT be dangerous as well.

My brother was bit by a Yellow lab when he was young. Does that mean all Yellow labs are dangerous?

I've been bit by a Pomeranian and a Shiba Inu. Does that mean all Poms and Shibas are dangerous?

My dog has been attacked by a Springer Spaniel, two Clumber spaniels (owned by the same person), and a chihuahua. Does that mean all of those dog breeds are dangerous?

Or perhaps the reality is that each dog is an individual. No two dogs are identical and so it's really impossible to say "all dogs of X breed are dangerous/not dangerous."

Are there pit bulls that I've met and stay FAR away from because they seem dangerous? You bet. There was one that was let free in his yard to "guard it" down the road from us. It came charging at us more than once. It didn't attack thankfully, because we got out of his territory quickly. But I wouldn't go anywhere near that dog and in fact started crossing the road long before I got to the house to avoid the dog.

Are their pit bulls that I've met and have had awesome experiences with? Yes. Many. The one across the road from us (a sweet dog named Bailey) is great friends with my dog. And I've sat on the ground with him laying in my lap (well across my lap as he weighs about 50-60 lbs) giving me tons of kisses while I rubbed his belly. The other pit bull that lives there is not nearly the lover Bailey is, but he's a really nice dog. I've also played with the 100 lb Rottweiler down the road. A dog who freaked out and ran BETWEEN his owner's leg when my border collie mix stalked and attempted to herd him. Yeah he's a big scary dog, he is! lol

I'm not sure why you can't understand that you HAVE to take each dog as an individual. The world is not a black and white place. Why is this so hard to understand?
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't know if anyone on this thread has already linked to this site, but it does give a bit of statistical insight:

http://www.atts.org/statistics

ATTS is an organization which assesses dog-temperaments... and they keep statistics on all dogs they have tested, sorted to the breed of the dog.... if 80% or more of the dogs they have tested within a breed have passed the temperament test (as in, they have a good temperament), the breed is considered to generally be "good".... you may be surprised at the results.... of course the more dogs within a breed that have been tested, the more reliable the statistics...
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
The ATTS link wasn't working...it's actually this:

http://www.atts.org/statistics.html

And it's a great site.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2010, 03:50 PM

sorry....
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post

sorry....
LOL no worries! I just wanted to make sure anyone who needed the link had the right one!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
So what are you hoping to gain from posting on here? Apart from trying (and failing) to wind people up and force your opinion on them.
I think thats the whole point, this persons been on ignore since the vids, I couldn't be bothered anymore, what does this person say about the people who are anti PB's though
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I think thats the whole point, this persons been on ignore since the vids, I couldn't be bothered anymore, what does this person say about the people who are anti PB's though
Good point! Balanced, mature opinions? I think not!
Page 82 of 132 « First < 32 72 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 92 > Last »