View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 10:01 AM

Police Dogs & VIP Dogsey dogs at Callander ;)

Here are my photos from yesterday (lots of them, but they are reduced in size, so hopefully won't take ages to load!). I took about 90 pics of the police dogs in action but unfortunately the zoom on my camera isn't particularly good, so won't post them all on here

It was a fab day out, I loved watching the police dogs (I always wanted to be a PD Handler ), the company was great - thanks to Hali, Skilaki and Benzmum, and the weather was glorious (I even got sunburnt!).

What a difference a day makes, it is windy and rainy today

We must all get together again sometime
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I meant to say as well that it is a good job all our dogs have such good temperaments, as I lost count of the amount of times children came up to stroke and fuss the dogs without any warning or before asking first!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 10:55 AM
looks like a great day i love watching dogs working!who is that stunning dog in pics 6 and 8(i think)??
great piccies.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Aw so nice to see all the dogs getting on so well, great pics too thanks for sharing x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Enjoyed those!! Thanks kirsty good to see all the pooches and how well I recognised them even without you saying who they were!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

26-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Lovely photos and you all obviously had a great day out! Callendar is such a lovely wee place. Those police dogs look brilliant but the best of them all are all the other dogs in the photos!!!

Thanks for sharing

Take care.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I meant to say as well that it is a good job all our dogs have such good temperaments, as I lost count of the amount of times children came up to stroke and fuss the dogs without any warning or before asking first!
I know - I was so pleased that Stumpy took it all in her stride (one of the reasons I like taking her to things like this as it definitely gives her lots of different experiences).

It made me laugh though when that one lad was convinced that Yogi was one of the police dogs and was arguing with you about his name.

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
looks like a great day i love watching dogs working!who is that stunning dog in pics 6 and 8(i think)??
great piccies.
The dog is Skilaki's Belle. Belle was very keen to join in (and I think Skilaki would've loved to as well)

Great photos Moobli

Would've liked to know which of the dogs won in the end - my money would be on the policewoman handler, though I didn't see her obedience round.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
great piccies.
That is Belle, Skilaki's wee bitch

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Aw so nice to see all the dogs getting on so well, great pics too thanks for sharing x
Thanks Inki, we had a great time. Yogi and Tip kept eyeballing each other and having a grumble, but it never went any further than that.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Enjoyed those!! Thanks kirsty good to see all the pooches and how well I recognised them even without you saying who they were!
LOL Dawn! Should I test your knowledge?

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Lovely photos and you all obviously had a great day out! Callendar is such a lovely wee place. Those police dogs look brilliant but the best of them all are all the other dogs in the photos!!!
Thanks for sharing
Take care.
Thanks Brandy. We did all have a great day, and now the sun is shining here, I am half wishing I was there again today Oh well, there is always next year! Callander is a gorgeous place, and I would definitely like to visit again and explore it a bit more.

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I know - I was so pleased that Stumpy took it all in her stride (one of the reasons I like taking her to things like this as it definitely gives her lots of different experiences).
It made me laugh though when that one lad was convinced that Yogi was one of the police dogs and was arguing with you about his name.
The dog is Skilaki's Belle. Belle was very keen to join in (and I think Skilaki would've loved to as well)
Great photos Moobli
Would've liked to know which of the dogs won in the end - my money would be on the policewoman handler, though I didn't see her obedience round.
Stumpy was absolutely brill, soooo relaxed around all the other dogs, people and noises. I think it was only the gunshot that worried her a little. LOL - that little lad really didn't believe that Yogi was called Yogi, and not Leo ... "the policeman told me so!" LOL!
I would also love to know which dogs scored the highest, and hope it is the first female handler, as she and her dog were really good. I will try and find out who won.

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Lovely pics, thanks for sharing
Thanks Tilly.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Ohh lovely pics, I'm jealous as I'd love to have seen that

I always wanted to be a PD handler (or a vet) when I was a kid too

Isn't it amazing how many parents allow their kids to just stroke a strangers dog!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >