Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Totally agree with Krlyr's post.

Many people are too daft to listen when I talk to them about Guinness, so I'm sure they would take absolutely no notice of a collar or harness with "Nervous" on it.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
That and the fact that dogs can't read.
That too
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Quite, they are very useful for manufacturers to make money, I do no need any harness to inform me about dog behaviour when out on a walk. I can read body language from furher awa than I can read what it says on a lead, collar or harness.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Seems there is an explosion of these on the market

Cant see them helping a whole lot as in the majority of cases when an out of control dog comes racing over the owners are way to far away to see the colours of a harness - even if they had the ability to control their dogs
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I thought the yellow ribbon idea was a good one, just needs publicity.

You will always get stupid people but if it works at all it's a good thing.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Can see them being handy in controlled situations like training classes but in general I think they're pretty much a waste of money. I found a muzzle and a shouted warning didn't work so what good would a harness or collar that can't be read until you're fairly close be? And dogs can't read and I've found the owner of the approaching dog is often miles away and oblivious.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Can see them being handy in controlled situations like training classes but in general I think they're pretty much a waste of money. I found a muzzle and a shouted warning didn't work so what good would a harness or collar that can't be read until you're fairly close be? And dogs can't read and I've found the owner of the approaching dog is often miles away and oblivious.
Yes good point - I have seen them at agility shows - and even in training tonight someone had one on a dog and in THAT situation I think they are great - just lets you know to give the dog a little space in a situation when we usually have dogs quite close to each other - hmm I might get one for Mia cos at agility shows she always seems to attract people who race over to say hello to her (which is sweet - but makes training difficult when they bring their dogs)
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
As a perfect illustration of how well these labels don't work - Whisper has 'Princess' on her Julius K9 harness (just for fun lol) and still I've had lots of people either refer to her as a boy or ask if it's a boy or a girl.........

Although little girls who can read get very excited and love it! xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2