Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2005, 11:40 PM

Was Florrie the right choice

hello all,
i want your opinions on something, Florrie is now 4 months old, and is a westie cross dandie dinmont. When we got her we were very dubious to whether to go for a small terrier, like our JRt or another Staffie, our last staffie girl died about 3 years ago, (a full list of details in my staffies is on fond memories) and she was very old, but we struggled with her. My mother suffers from Osteoperosis, and struggled iwth the large dogs, and long walks and their training and such, thgus why we gave one of our staffies away, and brought our JRT.
So did we do the right thing getting a little one or should we of gone for another staffie,
your views pls
best wishes
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I think in light of your mothers illness it was more than likely the right choice, enjoy your puppy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Yes I think you have done the right thing going for a smaller dog Lu-1
It doesn't matter what size they are they still all love the same

We have gone from a German Shepherd dog to a Bichon Frise (although a somewhat bald Bichon Frise today! )
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

29-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I agree the size and the breed dosen't matter ( so long as you can handle the dog ) its the dog that matters and that dog will give you unconditional love no matter if it were a small dog or a large dog
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi Lu This is an odd question , only you can say if you did the right thing based on your experience of the dog you now have. If you had to give a Staffy away I would not have thought getting another dog the same would have been a good idea. All dogs are different and most have lovely temperaments if raised correctly..to me size is not really an important factor, you can get enormous pleasure from any size dog
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:36 AM
like the others say, i think u did the right choice, even thou it was heart breaking! i have 2 staffies and i really find it hard to walk them, so if i had anymore i would have to get someone else to go with me!

enjoy the dogs you have now!!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Hell all,
i know we made the righgt choice, we used to breed staffies, and when mum got ill we only had 2 one was ver old, and Jake was too young, too boisterous, and to hypo tfor us to be able to cope with
i have put up info on all of my staffies in Fond memeories and dog storys, have a look please
best wishes
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:43 AM
This is a question only you can answer!
Is it all going well with the pup, is she fitting in with your family and enjoying life with you?
I'm sure you made the right choice for you and yours. Staffords ARE wonderful, I know that!, but they are not suitable for everybodys circumstances. Maybe there will come a time when you are able to have a Staff in your life again, but, til then, enjoy the wonderful dogs you have got.

Sian