Our sister sites
Our sister sites
romote
New Member!
Female 

20-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Doggy Doos Advice

Hi,
I seem to have a very unfortunate problem which has developed over the last 6 weeks or so. As I have never encountered something like this in the past (thankfully) it isn't something I know how to deal with and so I would be most grateful for other members suggestions/thoughts/comments on how they might deal with such a problem! 6 weeks ago I was leaving our house when I discovered a white plastic bag dangling from our front garden wall railings. On further investigation it turned out it was full of someone's doggy doos and had been tied in a knot and hung over the top of the railing spikes in the middle of the wall! I was obviously disgusted and removed and disposed of the offending object right away. Yesterday morning, we came back home to discover yet another "little present" dangling once again from our railings in a white plastic newsagents bag. Have any other members ever encountered such behaviour and if so, how did you deal with it? Other than hiding in the bushes 24/7 to catch the offender in action, or writing into the local rag to complain, I'm at a loss as to how to deal with it.
As the owner of 3 very clean dogs who very rarely do their business in public (as they thankfully prefer to do it at home!) I have never once left any doggy doos anywhere in 11 years and nor would I ~ let alone adorn someone's railings with them ~ so I am all the more disgusted at this persons low life behaviour.
I look forward to any helpful advice anyone might have as to how they might handle this sort of problem!
Many thanks.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 12:39 PM
How unpleasant!

All I can suggest is leaving a wee note on the fence asking whoever is doing it to come and explain why.

I supose you could also ask around your neighbours to see whether anyone has seen or heard anything?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I have to say that I wouldn't sweat over it, but each to their own. Just put a note up on your gate if it bothers you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 12:42 PM
If it were me they were doing this to, I would put up a great big notice across the whole length of my railings, maybe on a sheet or something using a thick marker pen, stating MY dog's only c*ap in their own backyard, and if they ever do it outside my house, it gets cleaned up by their responsible owner! Take it outta that I'd say! Lol!

Bl**dy cheek of some peops hey! I'd just have to do that to get my point across, I don't do quiet, I only do "in yer face" retaliations!

That's my offering on your ignorant poo depositer who thinks you don't clean up after your dogs!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I guess the thing is, we don't know for sure at the moment that it is someone thinking they are 'returning the poo to its rightful owner'....it could just be another lazy dog walker who didn't want to carry their bag all the way home (though that does seem less likely).
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Personally I'd find the time to sit and watch for this person or ask one of my nosey neighbours to keep an eye out for me as i'd want to know who was doing it and why.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't be very pleased either.Short of having cctv though its going to be hard to catch them.I bet its a lazy dog walker rather than someone making a point with your dogs.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I would put up a note too, along the lines of............ when you next dispose of your dog poo on MY fence, please smile for the camera
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I would put up a note too, along the lines of............ when you next dispose of your dog poo on MY fence, please smile for the camera
I like that one
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 01:54 PM
If you could figure out what general time it's happening, it might be worth ringing your dog warden/council street cleaning team.

In our town, they have a special phone number to ring so they can catch people who leave dog poo 'hanging around' (pardon the pun).

Could it be someone leaving it there to pick up on their way back? Sounds bizarre I know, but I often leave a bag on the side of a railway bridge because the walk is circular and I pick it up on my way back to put in the bin.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >