Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

It's all YOUR fault anyway for pointing me to Wigglys!!! I've received another batch today, but I just know they won't last long, so I'm going to order some more tonight just to keep me stocked up!
I didn't know you were feeding the entire bird population of sussex though did I
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I hope they ARE happy with me and haven't disowned them because I've stepped in? I know I'm stupid, but it is quite worrying how they seem to be looking to ME for their food! Lol!
You know Aitch, I can't wait to see the pics when you have to teach them to fly
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:15 AM
PMSL at you there Becky!!!!!!!

I met my other birdie fan who lives along the road, when I was out with Georgie this morning, and she said she has gone right off me!!! When I asked why, she said her husband had told her to give me a slap if she saw me, coz she has accused me of pinching all of her birds, and she's the one who feeds them sultanas by hand!!! I did give her a small bag of my mealworms though from my first delivery, and it's her birthday on Monday, so I'm going to order her her own special batch of 500grammes, so I will be killing two birds with one stone pardon the pun coz when she sees how many MORE birds she will have, then she will start ordering them too, and that way, we'll be helping the population out even more in my village won't we, and also that'll save me keep giving her some of mine coz I need all mine now, I can't keep up with this!!!

Off to Wigglys again now then, and hopefully they will arrive by Saturday coz I'm bound to have run out.

I've still got the 3 hopping about under the hedge, the robin and her baby, the sparrow and her 2 babies, I just hope that blooming pigeon doesn't bring hers down coz it's getting a bit crowded out there at the bird sanctuary!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I've still got the 3 hopping about under the hedge, the robin and her baby, the sparrow and her 2 babies, I just hope that blooming pigeon doesn't bring hers down coz it's getting a bit crowded out there at the bird sanctuary!
Hmm, now I only know of one other lady who is as kind to the birdies as you.
In fact so kind, they even help her with the chores!

OMG Aitch! You're not grooming these birdies into H's little helpers are you????
..... and is Dave very short?

Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
OMG Aitch! You're not grooming these birdies into H's little helpers are you????

and does he whistle while he works?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
The piccies are lovely, Ahh mother hen.xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
...... coz Mum has brought all 4 babies right up to the back door, under the hedge where the feeders are, and I've been going a bit overboard throwing the mealworms out there for them! They've been sitting there waiting, and they don't bother to move away when I go out there, BUT, they've eaten them all now that's 2kgs in only 7 days!!!! Dave thinks I'm nuts spending £18 on 2 kgs of live mealworms, but he doesn't realise the pleasure I get out of watching them all tucking in. It's only because it's the breeding season that I'm doing this though. The robin, sparrows and blackbirds are stuffing their beaks constantly with them to fly off to the nest, in fact just about everything is lapping them up, apart from the greenfinches who prefer the sunflower hearts.

I ordered another job lot last night, so hopefully, they'll be here in the morning's post. Poor little babies, they're sitting out there looking up at my window waiting for me, but I don't have any

Would they eat cold chicken if I cut a bit up really small? This is awful, I feel soooooo guilty I know not to throw any bread out there They're having a little sunbathe now, probably in the hope that they'll get some more for tea, but they won't!
That is such a sweet thing to do , I cant feed the birds in my garden because the dogs chase them away , But i throw food over the fence onto the big field for them xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Hmm, now I only know of one other lady who is as kind to the birdies as you.
In fact so kind, they even help her with the chores!

no he's 6ft2" and he can't whistle either Julie!!! LMAO here!

Now, I need to get hold of some wings.......
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5