View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2008, 08:33 AM
I think Mummy blackbird is onto a good thing here unpaid babysitter.
Which reminds me I must feed my birds.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Lol Lynn, yes go and feed them!!!

I've just done a 5 mile journey as I've found a pet shop that does them, BUT, they are £2.50 for a very small tub which will only last me a morning! The good news is, they knew immediately that I'd put them out there, I'm inundated now with the 3 little babies (don't know where the 4th one is ) 2 sparrow babies, the robins, the daddy blackbird, oooooh I'm all excited again now! Doesn't take much with me though!!!

I just looked out there and Mrs. B has stuffed nearly ALL of them in her gob and flown off!! I've got to put more out there now! I can see these 4 boxes won't last me long, but then I've got my big delivery coming later on today I hope.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I buy the dried ones and they are not cheap I know.
Its lovely to see them though isn't it ? Worth every penny.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Piccies were are they.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Be careful you don't end up with the 'mad bird lady' title That's so cute though. I can just imagine the wee mouths all sitting in a row
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh! Helena.....they are not sitting there waiting to be fed....wot are you like hun, it's because they are so fat now they cann't take off............. Blackbird are my favourite. My Robins are doing just fione too, and so are the thrushes.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 01:01 PM
My new consignment just arrived, which is a good job too, coz I got through those 4 boxes I bought yesterday in only one day, and they cost me £10!!!! The internet order is about 50 times that amount for £11!! Just show you doesn't it, you have to shop around, and how much cheaper internet purchases are too!

A friend just popped round for lunch, so I made her wait in the bootroom and told her to look through the door when I threw some out. The 3 babies were there instantly, and she couldn't believe how they didn't move and run away when I went out there! I'm getting obsessed with these blooming birds, you're right there lore, although Imuch prefer the title "The birdwoman of Findon" Lol, you can leave out the mad! It doesn't take much to excite me ya know Bless them, I'm just hoping that they don't come to rely on me too much for their meals, although one of them is flying away now and again, but always joins the others again when I've thrown some out there.

I took some pics earlier on, so I'll go to PB and sort them out, they might not be very good coz of course I took them through the kitchen window coz I didn't want to frighten them off with the flash.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Cann't wait for the pic's
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Here's my babies, sorry it's not very close up but my camera isn't very good with getting close ups so I took it on normal!

Awwww, aren't they cute, and daddy blackbird is sitting nearby just to make sure I'm doing my job properly!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 01:35 PM
awwwww how sweet!!! theyll be friends for life now!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >