Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Fortnightly refuse collection

Does anyone else struggle with the fortnightly refuge collections? We sometimes have to gonto the tip/dump inbetween collections
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I have weekly collection and fortnightly green waste and cardboard etc and glass collection and still go the tip. So fortnightly collections would finish me off.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I tend not to collect refuges................, or refugees................. but nobody refuses to collect my refuse............... tee hee

(sorry could not resist)!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:13 PM
We are still weekly here.

However - when I was in Norfolk it was alternate weeks for refuse and recycling. I never had a problem - but it was only me....
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Don't talk to me about the bin's 3 weeks without a green bin collection because of the bank holidays ..
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Meant to say that we are still weekly here.......
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Fortnightly here, was dreading it to begin with but we've only filled up the bin too much once, and I think that was my brother being lax on the recycling and chucking it in the bin instead As long as we recycle everything properly, we do fine. The bigger issue we had was the recycling people actually turning up! It took 2 months of us and the neighbour complaining every week for them to actually bother turning up on collection day, rather than not showing Tuesday, us complaining Wednesday, Thursday and sometimes even Friday before the council chased them up and they came out for it. Apparently we were noted as narrow access or something - err, yeah, we're a dirt track lane not a road but if my dog food supplier can get down here in his giant refridgerated van, so can they! The council are happy to charge us the same council tax as a regular road so I expect the same services.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
We have weekly & we do not have the pleasure of recycling which is fortnightly but they won't come to mine because although I am the first house in the road, the house is round the corner & either along the path or up the steps........ I can't possibly expect them to come all that way even though I've asked!! and asked again. They say yes & come once then never again! So everything goes in the rubbish unless I can be bothered to recycle & take it to one of the bins in supermarket car parks which I do with glass & I take paper to my work recycling bin.
I'm always at the tip with grass & garden rubbish!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
When my mum was in town she had 4 bins. Black (household rubbish), Blue (paper, cardboard, plastic etc), Brown (grass /hedge cuttings/weeds) & Black compost bin.

Down here we have Black bin (nearly always full) & Blue bin. If its windy when they empty the latter, i often have to chase the Blue bin up the road - very disconcerting - sea winds!!

Theres only two of us - dont know where all the rubbish comes from!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I take all my recyclables to the bins at Sainsburys, as I live on my own, that means my bin is not even full once a month when I put it out!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >