Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 11:23 AM

Need a rant!

Sorry, I really need a rant.

I've just got back from Satch's walk. I usually up to a country park near me which has always been full of lovely dog owners. Anyhow, we'd just got back to the carpark and I was about to put Satchmo in the boot, when the old chap appeared with four dogs - a silky, an eldery lab bitch, a lab cross and a springer. The silky, the only one on-lead, dragged the old man across to us and started snarling and growling at Satch. I put Satch in the boot and asked the old chap to keep his dog under control and away from mine. Meanwhile, some poor woman with another springer had pulled up, opened her car door and had the two labs jump into her car!! So I'm glaring at the old man, she's trying to get his dogs off her and out of her car and then - to my astonishment - he looked at Satch and said "I don't think I'd own one of those dogs, if I were you! Far too dangerous".

If I hadn't been so angry I'd've laughed at him. I told him he was obviously the model of dog ownership, with such obedient and under control dogs. No offence to silky owners, but it took all my self-control not to boot the little sh*t away from Satchmo. As the old man walked away, I saw it was one of these dogs that conducts all it walks on only its hind feet, half choking itself in the process.

Thanks for letting me rant

Becs
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 11:25 AM
rant entitled i reckon. i hate it when i meet people like that. loads of opinions on what you are doing but seem oblvious to their own problems
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Don't some people make you mad!

Someone on our walk today called Teagan a child beater!!!!

They had a young child, and 3 large dogs - 2 off lead, 1 on lead. Teagan went to say hi (to the dogs, no where near the people), and they grabbed the little kid, and said "That one looks like a child beater."
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 12:45 PM
well at lest they he had the silky on a lead. but i hate ppl like this and they are the type of ppl that you can not tell. they know what the know and that is it
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 02:49 PM
You should have booted him instead

Might have made him think twice next time

Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2005, 07:05 PM
I had my full of these types years ago, for a long time now I execise my dog in isolation, very early morning and mid afternoon, far from the madding crowd.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I think you deserve a bit of a rant Becs,we have all met them
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 12:12 PM
sometimes you gotta walk away and smile to yourself..... I'm good at that it really winds people up