View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Not really, there is a farm near my son in Amblecoat Stourbridge and they are asking £350

My son paid £150 for pappi some years back and she is a true pure bred from a Gypsy Site in Stourport

I've seen them going for as much a £400 plus
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:02 PM
My Jack Russell is the one on the left Ashman. I'm glad they aren't recognised as it means you get variations as beautiful as this!

She was £150 by the way.

chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
i dont get pedigree and all that stuff really. how long does it have to be bred to certain charictaristics befoore it becomes a resistered breed? ( i realise i wont be as simple as that) Ahh ill just stick to my rescues no papers, little research, all the fun
Rescues will be happy with that to become a breed first they would have to be breed true and more uniformed, at the moment a jrt can be short, tall (for type) leggy or not, long bodied or not, but basically if it looks like anyones idea of a jrt thats what it is, and most are happy with that, I honestly don't know if anyone is trying to make them a breed, currently they just seem to excel at being pets or workers, and they have for a long time, so if it aint broke why fix it
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Not really, there is a farm near my son in Amblecoat Stourbridge and they are asking £350 My son paid £150 for pappi some years back and she is a true pure bred from a Gypsy Site in Stourport I've seen them going for as much a £400 plus
I think I just live in the 'wrong' area for it then, what a shame other breeds/types go for more though.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
My Jack Russell is the one on the left Ashman. I'm glad they aren't recognised as it means you get variations as beautiful as this! She was £150 by the way.
Lily is lovely hows the other one? I had a best friend jack russel growing up, a tri colour who we got pregnant who came almost every where with me, we also had a rich tan jr x, and since having H and D I've almost aquired a few (all would of been freebies) a tiny and long brown and white adult female, or puppies one from someone a road over who had a large white female with just colour on her head, a eyebrow and ear and a litter from my bosses dog who is a wire haired tri colour terror both put to different dogs both put to workers too though (Diesel would love a jack russel to hunt, I mean walk with )
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Anyone else think this is a bit much, granted not the most expensive I've seen, but it still shocked me a bit, I don't think much care was taken in the advert either, it simply said 'Jack russell terrier, single male 8 wks old £200' then their phone number, so its not even a ad that I would bother ringing about either, but does anyone else think thats a bit much?

Sign of the times and inflation I guess, I have friends who paid 100 for theirs over ten yrs ago, so 200 now is not bad, they are a popular dog to own, so the price will be set accordingly.

Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
I guess people will pay what they want. I think it depends where in the country you are for some reason as well. People would charge a fortune for small breed pups down here because that's what people want.

Are JRTs a pedigree breed now?
no, they are "type" but you do have the Parsons Russell, they are a pedigree breed, because they are bred true to type and are KC registered!

Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
What! they are not a pedigree dog? i had no idea!

leanr something new everyday
Yep, we never stop learning do we
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:31 PM
When we thought about getting one, we had a job as they were all sold before they were more than a few days old We got Tess instead I know, but I was looking at a price of £300 and that was from Dudley
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Lily is lovely hows the other one? I had a best friend jack russel growing up, a tri colour who we got pregnant who came almost every where with me, we also had a rich tan jr x, and since having H and D I've almost aquired a few (all would of been freebies) a tiny and long brown and white adult female, or puppies one from someone a road over who had a large white female with just colour on her head, a eyebrow and ear and a litter from my bosses dog who is a wire haired tri colour terror both put to different dogs both put to workers too though (Diesel would love a jack russel to hunt, I mean walk with )
She arrives on Wednesday so I'm making the most of the calm before the storm! Already got Joey, a CockerXPoodle, who is staying for a week but he is very quiet. Little Bella will definitely let me know she's around but I reckon it will be lovely for Lily to have her here as they get on so well.

Ah, Lily as a few lurcher buddies and I reckon she would be quite happy to go off with Diesel!
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Rescues will be happy with that to become a breed first they would have to be breed true and more uniformed, at the moment a jrt can be short, tall (for type) leggy or not, long bodied or not, but basically if it looks like anyones idea of a jrt thats what it is, and most are happy with that, I honestly don't know if anyone is trying to make them a breed, currently they just seem to excel at being pets or workers, and they have for a long time, so if it aint broke why fix it
i like that. ive never really been to bothered about dogs exact measurments etc as long as they are happy and healthy.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
She arrives on Wednesday so I'm making the most of the calm before the storm! Already got Joey, a CockerXPoodle, who is staying for a week but he is very quiet. Little Bella will definitely let me know she's around but I reckon it will be lovely for Lily to have her here as they get on so well. Ah, Lily as a few lurcher buddies and I reckon she would be quite happy to go off with Diesel!
Bless, and Diesel is a bad influence if Lily meets him she may never be the same again! Kiera the tiny little dog I was talking came here after being rescued by a family from someone who beat her, she was nervous, couldn't eat around people, and was too scared to leave her people on walks and other dogs were scary, after a week (owners were on holiday) she was eating next to me and the other dogs, loved ruff and tumble and went off across the fields hunting mice with Diesel, and was never the same again, so if he can turn her what could he do to a normal terrier!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >