Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I have to ask the same question. They were considering bringing in a ban on Rotties when I had my girl and that's going back to 1989. Now there's been yet MORE media hype, that ban COULD get closer to coming into force
Absolutely. "Could" is the operative word. Do we want to push that "could" into a "will" though? That's my worry. Talking as if it's a done deal can make it a done deal.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
The Government have said that there are no plans to add Rotties to the DDA. A lot of people more in the know/active than me on/against BSL say that Rotties will *not* be banned.

This is the link I was given when I had my moment's paranoia:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2007123...dba1618_1.html
Thanks for that Kathy

This really made me happy....

But club secretary Caroline Kisko resisted calls to include Rottweilers on the list of banned dogs. She said: "Another hasty decision will do nothing to address the real issues of responsible dog ownership. A responsible dog owner knows that you never leave a dog and a child, especially an infant, alone and unattended."
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
No probs Right I must go tend to Mr Manflu. Dogs are so much easier I swear....
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:04 PM
But that isn't a statement from the Government, nor proof that they will not. It's one sentence with no link to whom said it or where that statement came from !!

Anyone can say "The Government said............." Who said it ?
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Malady - why not contact DNB or one of the other UK bullbreed charities and ask them - I received that link on The Refuge in a debate with others who are actually *involved* in DNB and the likes. I have been assured that Rotties will not be banned - that link was only given as backup, feel free to go and read the threads for yourself.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry, just to add, it does say a spokeperson for DEFRA made that statement, so maybe you should contact them too?

ETA: I really do have a man with manflu to deal with now, so I'll reply to any specific replies to me tomorrow. Have a great evening.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Kathy, I am not insinuating that you are a liar or your info is wrong, all I'm saying is that as no-one has had an actual statement from the Government, we cannot assume that they will hold good on a 'word' and we cannot afford to be complacent about it
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Kathy, I am not insinuating that you are a liar or your info is wrong, all I'm saying is that as no-one has had an actual statement from the Government, we cannot assume that they will hold good on a 'word' and we cannot afford to be complacent about it
I heard second-hand that the govmt has no plans to ban rotties at this time but with the media hype, that could change.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I heard second-hand that the govmt has no plans to ban rotties at this time but with the media hype, that could change.
Exactly.........they have not ruled it out
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Well if the relevant governments always stuck to their word then that would be a miracle, how many times have u-turns been done sometimes within hours!
Here's another petition people may be interested in signing
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/reopenindex/
Becky
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4