Female 

17-01-2005, 11:03 PM
but I don't like them and wouldn't trust a one either
do you mean just white ones ? why??
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry, i didn't mean to upset anyone, just that's the way I feel about them that is why I said that about my own favourite breed. As for the white staffies, no I don't get on with staffies in general. I would never hurt one, I will even stroke one but I wouldn't like to live with one.

Ian
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Oh Ian !!!
You dont know what youre missing
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Well ignoring your latter comments (dont want this to end up in heated debates lol) I too, as others have mentioned, have an Irish bred Stafford bitch called Cassy who is pure white but as CBT mentioned with some black pigmentation which is actually not on her coat but her skin.

I am not sure but I think she is also bred along similar lines to Zack.

You dont know what you are missing out on if you would not want to live with or trust a Stafford, they are world renound for their stable temperaments and adoration of human beings!

Here are a few pictures of her (some with her playmate Kip).

Hope that helps.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 08:26 AM
I LOVE STAFFYS! But must admit white is my least fav colour...don't like the lack of pigment some have and don't like seeing the 'skin spots' through the coat....but thats personal choice.
As far as not trusting...I try to read EVERY dogs body language as it comes close....reguardless of breed!and then act acordingly....its not down to breed
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah your right it is down to personal choice my dog Cassy has pigment spots that show through, which I quite like, she also has very good pigment for a white dog in that she has nice black eye lids lips and some claws which is not often the case. I dont think there are many colours I dislike really although I have to admit one thing I do not like seeing in Staffords is the dominance of black brindle and pink eyelids on a white dog

Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Oh now I love back brindle...I think the shine on the coats you can achieve shows off their physique to a tee!
Be a boring world if we all liked the same dogs wouldn't it!!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Archer
Oh now I love back brindle...I think the shine on the coats you can achieve shows off their physique to a tee!
Be a boring world if we all liked the same dogs wouldn't it!!
I love black brindle too, I dont think there is a colour I really dislike I agree the shine you get off a black brindle is great reds also I always find tend to have nice coats. I just think its a shame that the blac colouration dominates the show ring as much as it does.

Your right though it would be rather dull if we all liked the same things in life for a start there would be a serious lack of men if we all went for the same things lol.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Don't know about a shortage of men but I think a few of them would be VERY busy and the rest wouldn't get a look in!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2005, 09:18 AM
It is hard to describe when I said I don't trust them, I don't know if it is just I know they are a strong dog with a powerful jaw, but I have tried to put my fear (I think that is what it is) to one side and like the dog, I have had two beside me and I talked to them and played with them but there is something there which I am not happy with. But they are gorgous dogs.

It's all mixed up, but I hope you can understand what I mean.

Ian
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >