Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 11:12 AM

waifs and strays...

There is a never a dull moment at ThandiTowers, and at the moment it seems I cant wake up without finding another addition to the 'family'.

I opened the curtains the other morning to find a black and white cat curled up in the conservatory. My own three cats were curled up on various bit of furniture not in the least bit concerned that their ranks had swelled overnight!
The black and white cat just looked at me as if to say 'Yes - did you want something?'

The dogs didnt react at all to this cuckoo in the nest.

This cat has been hanging around for some time, I assumed he was feral, as he was so thin, filthy and scared of human contact. I was glad to note that he was looking much more covered now, and not as moth eaten...and of course it would explain why the cat food has been going down more rapidly than usual!

This morning, as I sat with my cuppa catching up on dogsey, I heard a noise that was a cross between a honk and a parp...sure enough there was a peacock in the garden - shouting at me through the window. Clearly the wild birds werent dropping enough crumbs on the floor for his liking!

I have no idea where he comes from, as we live in the middle of nowhere, but someone somewhere must breed them as a couple of years ago a peahen (also known in this house as 'peavulture' because she spent most of her time in a tree trying to look menacing), who was pursued by two very confused cock pheasants...but she was having none of it...hence the tree.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring....
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 11:19 AM
hmmm...I am clearly doing something wrong with this inserting pics lark....
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 11:25 AM
got there eventually....
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow you are so lucky Debs!