View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 05:06 PM
sorry i was talking to a mate as well as you guys my dog not my wife has been hip scored lol but with out lookig for her papers i dont know what it is
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 05:09 PM
if 19 is right for gsd thats higher than leos!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Deefin, I wanna cuddle Topaz, she is so adorable

After reading this thread I became interested and searched about 'blue' gsd's and came up with this

http://www.4gsd.net/colours.html

I found it quite interesting and never knew there were so many colour variations and coats...lol

I know it's not considerd standard but I love how the Blue's look

I learnt about coat types aswell and didn't know there were not only short and long but plush and 'long stock coat'

A Blue, plush or long stock coat would be gorgeous!...lol...I know I know, not the standard but in my opinion very nice

I don't think people should pay over the odds for these types though as that would just be breeders trying to money spin...So long as they are sold all the same price and not pushed as rare then personally I would love one.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 05:24 PM
the pics of my puppys i promised take today [IMG][/IMG]
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 05:25 PM
i have to restart my pc ill be back soon with more
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 05:43 PM
[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
as i said here are the rest of my pups
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Deefin, I wanna cuddle Topaz, she is so adorable

After reading this thread I became interested and searched about 'blue' gsd's and came up with this

http://www.4gsd.net/colours.html

I found it quite interesting and never knew there were so many colour variations and coats...lol

I know it's not considerd standard but I love how the Blue's look

I learnt about coat types aswell and didn't know there were not only short and long but plush and 'long stock coat'

A Blue, plush or long stock coat would be gorgeous!...lol...I know I know, not the standard but in my opinion very nice

I don't think people should pay over the odds for these types though as that would just be breeders trying to money spin...So long as they are sold all the same price and not pushed as rare then personally I would love one.
the breeder i bought topaz from doest charge any more for unusuall colours . she says thats unfair its not like unusuall colours cost any more to rear
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by leo
they can h esp if you sell pups stating the parents are scored because your mis leading the new owners.
therefore liable.

106 had the dog got any hips at all?
its a wonder it could stand up!
what is the score for gsd's?
The dog had no hip joints & was very unsound & had been sold as suitable for working trails & police work, the breeder still doesn't score & still states the his dogs go to the police etc(however none are in the UK now since the court case)He will not sell a puppy now without a clause in the contract re not suing if the hips are cr*p ! & people still buy them

You do not even have to advertise the parents hip status incorrectly, the negligence is in not hip scoring before breeding & then producing dysplasic puppies.

The mean score for GSDs is 19 but the Median is 11 & I would not buy a puppy from dogs whose hip score is above the median

My BC's parents are both working dogs & have scores of 9 & 7 both below the median

Here is the link for the most recent mean & median scores for the breeds
BVA/KC Hip Score mean & median results
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2005, 09:43 AM
its not as simple as that though, my lad parents have a score of 11 (a/b) and 6(a/a) his are 16 in total when his litter bro is just 3 the mean score for leos is 12.
but your right some people will never learn, poor dog 106/106 its people like this that give pups a life of pain and suffering.
the leo max for breeding is not more than 25 or 15 on 1 side so tob is a b/c dog, i hope hollys are less to equal his up if we do breed.
in leos no dog should be used if it is higher than a c grade due to the gene pool still being small in the uk.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 01:32 PM
With GSDs & BCs there are lots of good dogs with excellent bloodlines with good hip scores & that produce good hip scores that are known as Improvers(I had a dog with perfect hips(well the BVA said they were perfect & use copies of his X rays to teach students & the scoring panel, he was of course scored 0, even the SV wanted copies of his X rays

Using dogs over the mean in GSDs & BCs is not having the welfare of these two breeds in one's mind.

My puppies parents were not from totally scored parents(Missies mother was scored, but I'm not sure about her father & Roy senior's parents but they are/were active working sheepdogs)So to have two low scores is good

With fairly "rare"breeds i can understand having to use some dogs that would not be acceptable in other breeds to keep a good gene base, but not in breeds that have a good selection of bloodlines & dogs that are under the mean &still typical of their breed
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >