Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 07:27 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

I had trouble trying to remember what day it is today, but I think I've got it right there??

Just been catching up, and Jenny, sorry to hear about Rucksack and Flash chucking up like that last night, but I do hope they're fine again this morning and you haven't had a bad night with them both June, hope all is well there too, as I did see a mention of cow pats again for you Lynn, I hope Dillon hasn't started again with his morning chorus due to a local bitch in season, and I hope your day goes smoothly with everything that's going on around you, finger's crossed for Gordon still.

Had a bit of a night on the puter for Dave last night trying to get something prepared from his new accountant, which hopefully, I've now managed to do, and thankfully, the new one was sitting at his puter last night and able to answer my questions that Dave had given me. Oh Lordy, when will that life of mine actually BE mine again! It was too late for even a shower when I went to bed last night, but at least it meant I could ring Dave with the good news at 10 o'clock so that he didn't lie awake all night over it.

I'm back up on top of the cliffs this morning, as it hasn't rained, although there are some very black clouds looming on the horizon, it's so lovely and clean and dry up there, plus of course, the wind and the scenery will blow away the cobwebs of my mind. I shall be back to my interior designing when I get back with a little bit of help from Dunelms cos I'm off to collect that big rug this morning - that'll cheer me up a treat

Hope you haven't got the snow, there's a lot of it about up North, and enjoy your day whatever you're up to
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning H

Yes it's Wednesday already! I am glad you sorted out Dave's problem, last thing you need is him getting frazzled over it!

Dunelm again, you need your own parking space there. I am currently bidding on a large rug on another site, just missed out on one a few days ago, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to put another bid in.

Enjoy your walk, don't get blown over the cliff!

I will be picking my cousin up later, I am hoping to find him in a better state today. I can't help wondering if the stress of moving has affected him, he is so much worse now that there is no question of him going home, he can't even pull his own trousers up!

Sorry to hear Rucksack and Flash are chucking up, seems to be a lot of this going on atm. I hope it's now passed.

Have a good day all!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Morning Gerry I hope you can bring him round a bit after spending the day with him at home watching dvd's. I wonder if the home have been given some wrong medication for him to make him suddenly like this? I'd be checking up on that if I were you perhaps? Enjoy your day Gerry.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning all,

Gosh you really like that Dunelm Mill Helena they will give you a personal shopper soon.

It's been snowing but not an awful lot, not enough for a snow day unfortunately. Never mind. Hopefully it'll be an easy day.

Tonight I'm just finishing the assignment. Not sure what else, I'm sure there is something else, just can't remember what it is.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Good morning all.

Blooming cold this morning, but no snow (as yet) thank heavens. We have got it forecast for this afternoon, but I'm hoping that, like yesterday, we just get the one small shower that threatens to stick then turns to rain and doesn't (did that make any sense at all? )

Hoping to get a breakfast in this morning sometime around 11 am as Dave has an opticians appointment for 11.50 am and the opticians is only a cock stride from the cafe. Have to hope we don't get any rain for that though so it's a 'wing and a prayer' plan at the moment.

'ickle Rosie is still back to her normal self. Dare I start hoping that we have, indeed, cracked it?

I may just ring round the local hairdressers when we get back to find out which one doesn't need a second mortgage to go. My hair is very long and is driving me nuts so I'm wanting it all off. I refuse to pay extortionate prices as I've been there and done that and still hated the results. It's just so hard to find a decent hairdresser these days.

Not much else planned. We should get a delivery sometime this week of the Wafcol I ordered online, but, as yet, I haven't had an email to say they've started the delivery process. I ordered it on Monday.

I hope all the doggies who have been 'runny' have decided against being poorly. Little devils certainly keep us on our toes, don't they? I also hope those who are ill get better soon.

Is it me, or is this year proving to be a pain in the backside already for far too many of us? I do hope that spring brings better prospects with it.

Have a good 'un all and try to keep warm xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning H and all,

I joined slimming world yesterday, so start the diet today and am already stuck as I normally have Bran flakes with a chopped banana or porridge made with water and a chopped banana, but it seems porridge and Branflakes count as syns and I don't want to be using my syns first thing in the morning. I don't want to use my bread allowance as was planning that for lunch. So havn't a clue what I can have that I have in the house. I am just not imaginative when it comes to food.

We had some heavy snow as I left work last night and by the time I got to the bus stop I resembled a snowman . Luckily it didn't settle and all is calm and dry out there at the moment. I am so sick of winter now, I need some hot weather so I can at least bitch about being too hot .

You know H we have a Dunelm here but I have never been there.

Sorry to hear Rucksack and Flash are being sick again, there seems to be nothing but doggies with sickness and runs at the moment. One of my sons dogs went down badly with it, blood in the runs etc, she is better now, but another of his has gone and got it.

Hope Dillon is being a good boy this morning Lynn.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Gerry I hope you can bring him round a bit after spending the day with him at home watching dvd's. I wonder if the home have been given some wrong medication for him to make him suddenly like this? I'd be checking up on that if I were you perhaps? Enjoy your day Gerry.
This all started New Years day when he was rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke, the Dr there thought it could be medication too but we have never had any follow up. We have an appointment next week so will grill them then, he also ended back in hospital in this area and they thought he had been released too soon. He is on a cocktail of drugs and has been since the 60's, it's bound to take it's toll.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning everyone

We had a little snow yesterday but it didn't stay (yay!).

I actually slept last night - I banned everyone from the room and only woke up at 4 ish because I was thirsty!

I hope everyone has a good day today.
xxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I've just heard on the BBC that all dogs in the UK will have to be microchipped within 3 years. That's a good thing

Helena - I hope the financial figures you put together for Dave are sufficient for the accountant. I do hope you Show&Tell after you've collected it. Enjoy your walk up on the cliffs this morning.

Moet - I hope you cousin is more settled today.

Lore - Morning

Chris - Good news about Rosie still. Enjoy your breakfast.

Bev - Good luck with your diet and well done for taking the first step of joining. With what gets eaten here in the evenings, I think a few more of us will be joining soon.

LS - Morning

Both my boys slept through the night which was a relief. Both have had a wee, but not expecting anything else from Rucksack for a while . Flash did go out and eat but has had a normal poo. I gave Rucksack half a tablet directly before his small breakfast. So hopefully that will settle his tummhy. Both are acting completely normal in that once they'd had a wee outside, it was 'game-on' and them zooming round the garden.

I must do a food shop today and my cupboards are almost bare, but other than that it is just housework and dog walks.

Enjoy your day and I hope all poorly dogs and people are feeling better.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Phew worked out I can have porrige, so my breakfast was half a pink grapefruit as they are naturally sweet enough and a bowl of porridge made with water with a chopped banana added.

Pleased to hear Rucksack and Flash are doing zoomies as normal.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »