Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 09:36 AM

Gardens

Having just read about a dog stolen from its owners garden I wondered how many people STILL leave their dogs in their gardens.
My garden has 6 foot solid wooden fence panels ALL the way round and I stll won't leave them out there!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2005, 09:44 AM
I could not agree more Archer. My dogs have 5+ acres, plus a securely fenced back garden. We are in a fairly remaote location but they are never left without supervision in the paddocks at any time, or in the back area when we are not at home. Boxers are one of the favoured bait dogs here for the fighting rings. I would never forgive myself, or rest easy for the remainder of my life, if they got out of their own accord & were lost or if they were stolen.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Its a similar story around here with Staffords SB, they seem to attract the unsavoury types and are prime targets because of their friendly nature. Personally I dont like my dogs being unsupervised anywhere and mine are watched like hawks all the time, I am only too aware how easily done it can be. Not that I can blame people for leaving dogs in a backyard either as some people are not aware of the risks and your home is like your castle in a way, its sad that you cannot safely leave your dogs in the garden nowadays for fear they may be stolen
Carole
Supervisor

12-01-2005, 09:56 AM
I dont leave Star out on her own, not even with the kids.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 10:21 AM
We supervise time in the garden or we would have just a series of holes as Duncan seems to think he is a mole not a yorkie !
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi there have been cases of dogs going in the B'ham area from secure gardens too. My two never go out without us watching them even though the garden is secure and has a 7ft fence including trellis round the two sides an 6ft6" on neighbours side including trellis.
Annestaff
Supervisor

12-01-2005, 12:26 PM
What has the world come to when you cann't let your dogs run round in your garden without having to guard them...............sad!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
i agree anne it is very very sad
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Jas is never allowed in the garden unsupervised.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I agree...its very sad...but even sadder when dogs are stolen.If people will break into kennels to sreal dogs then a gardens no problem
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >