Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Good luck Monica. I am glad Tawney is kindly taking time out of her hectic days with her new borns to advise you.
Yes she is very kind
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Ditch the blankets till after!!!! They'll just get soiled
Got it
Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
True,bless her, you are lucky having an online midwife I would be in panic mode by now
I am a bit nervous but we are doing good
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Come on Baylor - we are all rooting for you and your babies [and your foster mom is getting very tired!]
Thank you she is still panting and rearranging her bedding, has some clear drainage, no pushing yet. Not sure how long this stage lasts.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
remain calm...we'll do all the panicking for you Good luck
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
could be a few hours, get a nap on the couch.
I always have mine next to the couch on all their plastic sheeting, and old sheets etc. with everything to hand then I can grab a bit of sleep
Has a plug of mucus like stuff come out
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
remain calm...we'll do all the panicking for you Good luck
Haha thanks!
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
could be a few hours, get a nap on the couch.
I always have mine next to the couch on all their plastic sheeting, and old sheets etc. with everything to hand then I can grab a bit of sleep
Has a plug of mucus like stuff come out
I have been napping on and off. She had a clear drainage that was mucus like, but I didn't see a mucus plug yet
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:25 PM
If it's the same as wot we wimmin lose - it is just like mucus (the plug) it isn't like a jelly cork or anything. More snotty like (pardon the indelicacy but then giving birth isn't very 'delicate' is it!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 03:33 PM
that's exactly what it does look like Pat, was being polite, I think the waters have gone from the sound of it though, could be she missed the 'plug' or the dogs cleaned it up herself which sometimes happens.
By the way don't be afraid to let her eat the afterbirths, full of proteins and minerals she needs plus hormones to trigger her to feed the babies
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes not all women notice that they've lost the 'plug' Tawney. Not all women's waters break before giving birth either. Mine didn't not for any of my 3 kids. And I only noticed the plug for the first one. but then I've always been an awkward customer!
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes it was stringy gooey clear mucus that came out. Hopefully we will start active labor soon thats when I will be nervous! But I am doing good so far lol staying calm
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Yes not all women notice that they've lost the 'plug' Tawney. Not all women's waters break before giving birth either. Mine didn't not for any of my 3 kids. And I only noticed the plug for the first one. but then I've always been an awkward customer!
I'm the same as you Tang, didn't do anything it said in the flamin book!

You are going to have one heck of a Christmas Monica, they will be just about wandering round by then if they come soon
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
I'm the same as you Tang, didn't do anything it said in the flamin book!

You are going to have one heck of a Christmas Monica, they will be just about wandering round by then if they come soon
Yes after my first my local midwife said to alert her if I ever had another and she'd make sure and book her holiday for that time lol!

Never ever had any desire to push either - not with any of them. You read all about this overwhelming urge and zilch! I can't be the only one. Can tell you that throws the delivery room into a bit of a panic. Them all screaming like a football crowd for you to push and you sat there saying 'hang on a minute let me concentrate on doing it' lol! Downside of that is .... out come the forceps.
Page 11 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »