View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, I'm wondering if it has another switch on it which turns it into a dehumidifyer thingy???? Only a thought, we're full of those us women!!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Denis what Helen can do is get the plasterer to add an additive such as SIKA 1 to the mix and it will waterproof the render.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Denis what Helen can do is get the plasterer to add an additive such as SIKA 1 to the mix and it will waterproof the render.
Yes I've used that recently Colin, but it's primarily a bonding agent for cement and concrete when you're rendering or laying new concrete on existing surfaces.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks Denis, I'll make a note of that, and that too Colin - thanks!

The dehumidifyer has now been cancelled! Just spoke to Dave and he said there's no point us doing that yet until he's rectified the problem, and I can see his point! Over the week-end, he is going to move the shed. Somehow, with the new brickwork, it is now actually touching that wall where the roof ends along the side He says if he can move the shed (somehow ) he can't access it very well, only from the very front where I go in and out, one side is a new fence and the other is this particular wall, and then the back is yet another fence!!! The plasterer is phoning me tonight so maybe if I tell him about the water problem, he will do like you say Colin and stick something in the render for the outside, coz he reckons he can actually get round that side to render, even though it looks as if you can't by the closeness of that shed! PLan B will be to use the stuff Dennis is on about when we paint it. My bootroom facelift, is being held in the balance by a blooming shed!! Imight just take the blooming thing down!!! On top of that, Dave is having to do the boarding of the ceiling out there, plus moving all my white goods - methinks he's got a busy week-end, so I will keep well out of the way!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
He moved that shed!!!! There's no a 2 foot gap from the wall, so the plasterer will be able to render that wall that was getting soaked. He said he will use a special waterproof rendering which will stop any water penetrating those "wrong" type of concrete blocks! Been working on it all week-end, and it's all ready for plastering on Thursday now. We're worn out though, Dave coz of all his hard work, and me coz of my supervising duties!

Trouble is, we just received our further advance from our mortgage company, (that I've been waiting 10 weeks for!!!) hmmmmmm, now what can I think of next to do around here??????? New kitchen methinks!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Go for it did you take a look at that place I mentioned ?

We have lift off here too!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Tracy No, not had time, what with everything else and Mum to visit every afternoon, there's very little time to do anything I want really! You'll be the same soon then by the looks of it!!! Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly like ours did I'd never do it again I might add!!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3