View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Shadow- because he follows me around the house to see what I'm doing, he's worse than my own Shadow!!

Fly- I named her that years ago (before we adopted her due to my grandparents deaths) I called her Fly because when she was 'working' she used to fly after the sheep - before that she was known as pup because we couldn't agree on a name!
exanthematcus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:28 PM
my NI is called xero after the dog in the nightmare before christmas (one of my fave films), i changed the z to an x and my lab is called harvey, he was a rehome and i liked his name. grant wanted to call him homer cos he's yellow, likes food and is a bit daft lol. i'm getting a red sable gsd pup in 2 weeks and he's called pagan, i'm an atheist but i like the idea of the pagan religion based on nature etc. my next NI is probably going to be called absynthe, i hate the drink but i have a bit of an obssession with victorians and it was one of their favorite tipples lol. my childhood dog (a gsd cross) was called popeye, it was one of my fave progs as a kid
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:30 PM
My male black lab is called Beau - French for handsome! His mum, was called Mollie when I rescued her, I wanted something with a similar sound but a new name she didn't associate with her bad past. It was the Queen's golden jubilee a few days later so she's now called Lizzie!
dani_ella_87
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2008, 12:21 PM
my beagle is called BeeBee because we were planning on getting a boy puppy and calling him Baxter (after the dog in anchorman, gotta love will ferral) but we got the girl and now she is BeeBee for 'Baxter Burgandy'
xxJonnyCxx
New Member!
Male 

23-09-2008, 08:46 PM
my dogs called milly or mill XD
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:48 AM
My dog is called Moon (not pronnounced like the moon in the sky, it's a shorter ooh sound). He is from Vietnam and it's vietnamese from 'black' (no prizes for guessing what colour he is!). However I didn't name him, almost every black dog in Vietnam is called Moon becuase they are that unoriginal. However he answers to it and it's not so bad so I guess it's staying!
hooperdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2008, 10:17 PM
hooper coz he came with that and he came to it so it stayed

carla aka quin carla coz i like it and quin for short as i bought the the same time as pippies were born at work and there where five of them and someone started to call her carla quin.

toby as he came with it also known as landfill as he eats anything
psychopixi
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Difa (pronounced DEE-fa) was a comedy suggestion from my OH that just happened to stick. Why is it a comedy suggestion? Difa Dog... say it out loud if you still don't get it.
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Haven't got our dog yet, will be arriving in December, but when we do his name will be Wembley, and this is because my husband is a big fan of football and I am not. He was surprised when I came up with this name as he knows I hate football so much ..the boy is a Jack Russell.
waifsnstrays
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
my 2 are buster who was originaly called brewster after brewster bear but after the horrible start he had had we decided a new name for a new start.

and bert he was maverick when we got him but he didnt respond to it and we didn't like it so told the oh he could pick the name so he came up with either herbert or efelred the unready so i opted for herbert after my oh grandad but he changed it to bert it really suits him bless
Page 14 of 46 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »