View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 07:19 PM
I read all your messages to Patch over the phone late last night and she says thankyou to everyone for the kind messages.
Patch doesn't think its a stroke. Syptoms are like Vestibular but then her little cat Cleo had the same symptoms which she thought was vestibular she had a month or so ago.
She feels it would be a bit of a coincidence that a cat and a dog of hers has the same condition one after the other, so she has asked if you can all wrack your brains and think of anything that could show this symptoms that could have caused both thier problems. Talking last night we both feel its an inner ear problem, perhaps both had an insect bite in thier ear as she does live in 5 acres of our horse field. But again quite a coincidence. Is there anything that cat could pass to dog?
We are stumped really but any ideas will be most welcomed by Patch and I will pass them on to her.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not a vet as you know, but Ticks can be pretty damaging and they would be rife about this time of year. It can take over a week for the full symptoms to be seen.

Is there any way that either of the animals could have drank or eaten something that they shouldn't?

Either way, I do hope that Gremlin has a speedy recovery
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Snorri, it really perked our old, old BC up too...quite remarkably to be honest and when my old boys slow up totally it's something i'll discuss with the vet for them. Glad (I think) it's reawakened your boys ummmm.....desires!!!!!! Tis good stuff.

Hope Patch is bearing up, I can't think of anything, although when my BC was in the middle of his episode, I was on the phone to our vet nurse a couple of times, he thought the symptoms he was displaying suggested it was some sort of poisoning, so it may be worth Patch considering that and looking furthur into it. I sioncerely hope it isn't that though.
Our vet took one look and said it was a 'stroke' though..whatever that may be in a dog, his symptoms also were like Vestibular disease which was something I thought may have explained how our Mo was, but it wasn't.
It's interesting both her cat and dog have suffered similar things, but of course, it could also be an unhappy coincidence. She may never know which is the more frustrating thing.
Whatever it is, I hope they recover quickly and well, bless. Big hugs all round from me.
greysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Hope that Gremlin is recovering. Give them both my love and tell her I will give her a ring. Haven't liked to before as I know she was really worried when I spoke to her and would be busy caring for Gremlin.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:38 PM
I had thought ticks could be the problem to, I read something in the dog paper a while ago about a tick from (france or somewhere not 100% sure) there had been some found on dogs down south, has anyone used anything on the fields eg, 20 ten ten or similar that could poss be causing a reaction, I know of lots of folk having problems in area's where the fox population is very high, Dare I ask what happend with the cat?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Cleo the cat is much much better now. patch's cats are house cats and never go out.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Cleo the cat is much much better now. patch's cats are house cats and never go out.
Ah that complicates thing a bit, how long did the cat have it for? with them being house cats I can more or less bin the ideas I had, hope she gets to the bottom of it soon it must be driving her nuts, she will be worried it is going to happen again, poor patch, sending hugs,

ps are there other animals in the house?
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Sending healing hugs to Gremlin and Patch. Hope that they get to the root of the problem soon and that it's a simple one to treat.
xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Ah that complicates thing a bit, how long did the cat have it for? with them being house cats I can more or less bin the ideas I had, hope she gets to the bottom of it soon it must be driving her nuts, she will be worried it is going to happen again, poor patch, sending hugs,

ps are there other animals in the house?

There are other cats, all are house cats and never go out as all are rescued and have been traumatized in one way or another so are happier in.
There are other dogs, but although they obviously go outside they are not walked as such to areas other dogs frequent as Patch has all our horse fields to exercise them in. They go out in her lovely especially equipped van with her for the ride etc, if she has to pop somewhere, but wait in the van and to the occasional agility show.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 07:56 AM
I guess poison is unlikely if they are house cats??? Could ticks be the rpoblem? Would they go from one host to another?? Guessing they would?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >