View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 12:23 PM

more about poo, and ears (coprophagia / how to clean ears)

YOU might remember earlier in the week we were again talking about poo and more precisely dogs eating it anyway as we had to go to the vets yesterday anyway i said id ask his opinion which i did, he said its just a dog thing and really the only way of stopping it is to get there first if poss, but it wont hurt them if you dont, he also added (incase we didnt know ) that labs are greedy anyway and see everything as food so thats that, but really what we went for was that gems had a sore ear lately and batheing its not really helped anyway the vet gave her some drops for a week , so thats ok but the real reason im telling you this is he gave what i think might be a handy tip to know, he said once shes finished her treatment, once a week put a few drops of olive oil in each ear and massage well, then put a wad of cotton wool in the ear and massageing from the bottom remove what youve just put in,but he did say dont rub or wipe the inside of the ear or poke around what you carnt see as this will cause more harm than good, but done properly this can prevent any more trouble with her ears in future. hope you dont mind just thought it was worth passing that on.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for that tip

It is always good to get a bit of advice about their ears

Hope Gems' ears clear up with the drops.

Thankfully Saffy doesn't eat poo only gives it a sniff, which with the dark mornings can be a bit of problem

Aileen x