Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 03:59 PM

Ziggie op. update/ anaesthetic effects?

Just rang the vets again - he's had the op. and is coming round although they said he's very woosey, am so relieved We can pick him up around six. They were a bit worried as the anaesthetic knocked him out heavily which is definately something to be aware of in the future which is why we're picking him up later than the other "day cases".

Has anybody else had any experience of dogs reacting badly to anaesthetics? is quite worrying for the future, although if other people would stop there flipping dogs attacking him (or in this case me) he wouldn't a) be having the operation or b) have the social problems he does (was beaten up severely as a young dog ). Is certainly something to consider in the pro's and con's if he ever has to have something else done...

Going to set off soon

Hazel & co.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 04:04 PM
One of my beardies was(in the pre Rapinovet(sp)days)out fully for 48 hours after she was spayed.

Fortunately she suffered no sideaffects
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Glad to hear Ziggies op went ok,hope he recovers quickly.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Not the same affect as ziggies but sweep got terrible vomiting a couple of hours after & then d/rear after she`d had op for bloat, vet said it was caused by anaesthetic, she was very poorly

hope hes ok
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi guys
He's home now but is not a happy or well puppy at all
He's in alot of pain despite painkillers and a numbing injection thing they gave him. He has an elizabethan collar on as he wont leave his wrists alone (isn't the bandages as he's used to wearing pad protectors), he's growled at the other dogs so we've seperated them until he's feeling better. He's still completely spaced out from the anaesthetic - glazed eyes etc. Just feel so sorry for him at the minute as none of it's his fault and he's so unhappy
Thanks for the replies everyone
Hazel and a very miserable Zigg
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Hazel sorry to hear about Ziggy ...as with humans some dogs react badly to GAs, he will be better when he has had a good normal sleep. I would keep Ziggy on a light diet for a couple of days to let his tummy settle...boiled rice and chicken or fish,scrambled, egg and a little honey melted in warm water to drink...
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Aaaawwww! I do hope Ziggy feels better soon!
Molly was a bit miserable after she had her op. I just left her somewhere, quiet, warm and comfortable, away from all other dogs and noise. She was quiet for a couple of days and did not eat 3 meals, but then the switch went on and she was back to normal! It was so hard to keep her quiet then!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear hes still uncomfortable

But thats best for now, keeping him quite on his own till he`s ready & let him sleep it off.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 09:33 PM
thanks guys,
he's had a little wee and a little drink, have had to put the collar back on as he's straight down onto his knees trying to get the bandages off. He won't be able to manage the stairs so i'm sleeping downstairs with him (camping in the dining room!) he's back asleep again so hopefully he'll feel better in the morning... am madder now than i was before with the other dogs owners he's in so much pain (despite a high dosage of pain killers) and it's not bloody fair he didn't do anything wrong.
he's on a light diet mixed with gusto anyway as he's allergic to everything else, so have cut it down to the light (eggs/pasta/chicken etc.) for a few days and we'll see how he goes...
thanks for listening to my worrying and rambling everyone
Hazel and Zigg
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

27-10-2005, 10:37 PM
awh poor Ziggie - I hope he feels better soon - send him a big hug from me xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >