Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Who's fault, me, dogs, police or criminal

Something was taking place earlier with Police helicopter and Police. Now since they built these housing associate houses at the back of us, the tenants come and go, mainly I think because they are so close to the railway line, and its made it an easy access to the railways line, so anyone being chased by police seem to make a beeline for the mews (thats what its called) trying to jump over the fences for a get-away over the train track...this is the third time now in less than 6 months.
I think they must of trapped the person as they must of got through one of the gates into the back garden of the house behind us and he climbed our fence onto the shed roof ...closely followed by a Police Officer......except I didn't/know see any of this and opened the back door to feed the rabbit, when all hell broke loose
Tess jumped on top of the BBQ near the shed,then took the shed roof, the Police Officer had to jump down quickly into one garden the kid in the other garden, Tess missed having the Policer Officer by millimetre's, Bruce almost took the fence which is nearly eight foot and then I had to break up Tess and Bruce with a loud NO who decided to fight each other over who was getting who

Only one injured was me as I had flip flops on and my foot has been ripped by one or the others claws as I went to sort them out and the BBQ collapsed under Tess's weight.........I apologised afterwards to the Police....I went out the front to them.......but they didn't seem very happy with me/the dogs, as they had to run off down the road after the kid but like I pointed out....the dogs don't care if people are wearing uniforms or not, its their territory after all, and they obviously feel coming over fences and shed roof's a No No
At least they stopped chasing when told NO......even if they were wound up by each other.......Tess is very unsettled now she has spent the last 1/2 barking at every noise she hears.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:51 AM
That's bad poor you not your fault you were minding your own business after all, who would expect people to be running over your shed, hope it gave the little bu**er a shock, maybe teach him not to jump in your yard again
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Think that comes under Maoism.

**** happens.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
That's bad poor you not your fault you were minding your own business after all, who would expect people to be running over your shed, hope it gave the little bu**er a shock, maybe teach him not to jump in your yard again
I was abit worried about the Police Officer TBH....He must of felt Tess's hot breath then, how she missed having his arm was more by his luck then his judgement
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:55 AM
No-one's to blame - this is just one of this incidents of a "pure accident". The only criticism I would like to make is that of the police's attitude - your dogs cannot tell the difference between "man in uniform entering your property to chase a crim" and "crim himself". Your dogs were defending you and your property, and the police's snotty attitude stinks IMO. Bones all round tonight I would say as a reward for their brave defence of your property!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Think that comes under Maoism.

**** happens.
Im waiting for more **** if they come knocking my door but what did they think would happen...chasing over people fences if I'd of known I'd of never let them out as I know they will not take kindly to people jumping the fence
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I was abit worried about the Police Officer TBH....He must of felt Tess's hot breath then, how she missed having his arm was more by his luck then his judgement
As I say, an accident, and although he has the perfect right to be scared, he should not be sniffy that the dog acted thus, particularly with her being a bitch - they can be even more protective than males IMO.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No-one's to blame - this is just one of this incidents of a "pure accident". The only criticism I would like to make is that of the police's attitude - your dogs cannot tell the difference between "man in uniform entering your property to chase a crim" and "crim himself". Your dogs were defending you and your property, and the police's snotty attitude stinks IMO. Bones all round tonight I would say as a reward for their brave defence of your property!
Thanks Gnasher....Pats just come home and he said exactly the same. They were not happy but they were lucky as Tess would of meant that...believe me
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Still not your fault, your dogs were protecting their property not pouncing on them in a field, it's a chance they take when entering on others property, lucky they were on the shed as it gave them a bit more time to scarper, imagine if the had of jumped straight to the ground in your garden, and then had to scale the 8ft fence out again hope the dogs settle soon must've filled them with adrenalin
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I think if Ys spoke to the officer after the event and when the suspect was in custody they would be in a different frame of mind..

I can see it as a story that copper will be telling in the future ..
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »