Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2009, 06:17 PM

Zoflora - Do you/have you used it...please read

Tara has been going through the Mill recently, and I am looking at possible causes for her kidney/UTI.

I started to think back to when the problems began and they coincide from my switch from Paper towels and floor wipes to Mop and Bucket and using Zoflora.

Now it says on the box that you should wait until the floor is completely dry, but as we know this isn't wlways possible in high traffic areas, so dogs will inevitably sit in it or walk through it, maybe absorbing the chemical through their paws or other membranes.

I have switched today to Ecover the natural floor cleaner to be on the safe side and see if this helps.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any similar reactions
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Do use zoflora, but not on floors.

I do hope poor Tara feels better soon *hugs*
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Sorry no help here, I use zoflora alot, but I add it to water in a spray bottle and spray the curtains etc with it.

I use dettol on the floors. Never had any problems
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 09:22 PM
They used zoflora in the mop bucket at the RGT, as far as I know none of the dogs had a problem with it.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Could be, I know you should never use any of those disinfectants that go cloudy in the water around animals..... that includes the cloudy Dettol, the brown one. I think the green Dettol is ok as it doesn't go cloudy.

Just googled, it's any disinfectant with phenols in, those that go cloudy. They are deadly to cats and are to be avoided with dogs.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I have used Zoflora for years. I use it in a higher concentration than it says on the bottle too. I have all wooden floors downstairs except the lounge (carpet) but I even use Zoflora on that if they have little pup 'accidents' - have to say I don't even leave it to dry or anything before I let the dogs walk on it and have no problems at all.

Hope Tara feels better soon
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2009, 09:46 AM
IT does start making you wonder just what we put into ours and our dogs bodys
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I use Dettol and or Pledge soapy floor cleaner. Jeyes fluid outside, I love the smell of Jeyes
Never had any problems. Hope you get it sorted. I never knew that about cloudy disinfectants though, you learn something new every day
Elaine x
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2009, 01:13 PM
We have always used Zoflora on the kitchen floor and have had no problems with our dogs, although I suspose, like most things, some dogs could have a reaction to it.
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2009, 05:52 AM
yep - used Zoflora for over 20 years to clean the dog rom and kitchen floors and have never had any problems !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >