Our sister sites
Our sister sites
basky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Working trials / schutzhund training

Hi guys and gals,
I put an ad out about a year ago about working trials and unfortunantly couldn't get enough people for a class. However i've since started schutzhund training with an amazing trainer (all positive training and it shows), so thought i'd post his website incase anyone was still interested in working trials or schutzhund training etc...
http://www.wulfrunhaus.co.uk/
Please check out his videos, it's fantastic watching him and his dog working together.
Best of luck
Kate
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Wherabouts is he based?

I went to enquire at my local schutzhund club and when I told him what dog i'd be participating with he replied "Schutzhund...with a border collie?!" to which I replied "I thought it was open to all breeds" but he didnt seem to think a collie was a suitable candidate so I never went back.

I'd love to do the tracking part with Jed but Flynn would be a perfect candidate for the whole lot.
basky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
He's in Birmingham, not sure of postcode but if you email him i'm sure he'll help and if he can't i'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.
Theres no reason you couldn't train in schutzhund but i'm not sure if you could compete!! Again best to ask Greg to explain that.
Corinthian
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I visit the Island at least once a year. I wouldn't mind visiting, if his methods are what you describe.

Schutzhund is open to any breed of dog, so if you really wanted to compete, a border collie is fine.