View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 10:50 PM
wonderful pic! All fat spotty belly and big pink titties!

We can safely say she hasn't had them yet then!

You will now of course have to update here all the time not just when they are born. We require day by day updates AFTERWARDS too!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
She's not quite ready yet, the puppies will move back before she starts getting ready for the actual birth, also she's not bagged up really. I know you think she's ready, because it looks to you as though she is, but a while to go yet
As regards vet bed, I always use it, but during the actual birth I don't, sheets and old towels, disposable paper sheets if you can get them for her to lie on. Then when it is all over with I put an old clean sheet on the vet bed, and change it every couple of hours because there'll be a mess in there for a few days and sheets are much easier when dealing with it.
In fact my 4 week old puppies are still on vetbed with a sheet on top!!! There is vetbed down on the kitchen floor surrounding the pen so's they don't slip and it is great for when they wet as it doesn't stay on the surface. Easy to wash and it dries quickly.
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She is gorgeous and oh has she got a belly full Bless her!
Thank you!
Originally Posted by Megsy View Post
Oh, she's gorgeous. She'll be a great mum.
Thanks so much

Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
She looks full as a tater, as we'd say in Yorkshire.

Just a note re bedding, I know it was mentioned earlier, I find the easiest thing by far and away is vet bed, it washes and dries so quickly, I have a constant supply of it for my dogs. Obviously the name gives away the purpose, used by vets for a very good reason.
Where would I get this vet bed? Is it simular to whelping box?

Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
Aw bless her, she is lovely. Hope all goes smoothly for her, I feel nervous for you
Thanks hun!

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
wonderful pic! All fat spotty belly and big pink titties!

We can safely say she hasn't had them yet then!

You will now of course have to update here all the time not just when they are born. We require day by day updates AFTERWARDS too!
Thanks! Yes of course I will keep you updated!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She's not quite ready yet, the puppies will move back before she starts getting ready for the actual birth, also she's not bagged up really. I know you think she's ready, because it looks to you as though she is, but a while to go yet
As regards vet bed, I always use it, but during the actual birth I don't, sheets and old towels, disposable paper sheets if you can get them for her to lie on. Then when it is all over with I put an old clean sheet on the vet bed, and change it every couple of hours because there'll be a mess in there for a few days and sheets are much easier when dealing with it.
In fact my 4 week old puppies are still on vetbed with a sheet on top!!! There is vetbed down on the kitchen floor surrounding the pen so's they don't slip and it is great for when they wet as it doesn't stay on the surface. Easy to wash and it dries quickly.
This vet bed sounds like a good thing to get!!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Oh little sweetie pie, she looks fit to burst

So now you know how to post pictures ..............
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2013, 10:33 AM
You can get vet bed on e bay. This is a link to the UK site
but I am sure you'll get it on the US site
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40

Remember to get a few pieces that will fit inside your dog's bed, at least 5 because they'll be soiled quickly, hence my advice to keep a sheet on top you can change frequently
The babies will have runny poos and although mum will clean them, it still gets on the vetbed and is difficult to get out, whilst with the sheet it washes off quicker.
Please be very careful on how much calcium you give your dog, you could end up with a very sick dog and even sicker puppies. I never give extra calcium and I have noticed my girls do not even touch bones around a week before giving birth, so they know to regulate their own calcium intake, as you are not feeding the same as me but commercial food your dog will not be in a position to do this. It was around 10 days after birth that my girl started eating bones again, but it was only the meat initially that got stripped off and even now (babies 4 weeks) she doesn't crunch the whole lot up
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Oh little sweetie pie, she looks fit to burst

So now you know how to post pictures ..............
Yes she is so huge! She has been sleeping a lot today. Seems pretty worn out from carrying all these pups

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You can get vet bed on e bay. This is a link to the UK site
but I am sure you'll get it on the US site
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40

Remember to get a few pieces that will fit inside your dog's bed, at least 5 because they'll be soiled quickly, hence my advice to keep a sheet on top you can change frequently
The babies will have runny poos and although mum will clean them, it still gets on the vetbed and is difficult to get out, whilst with the sheet it washes off quicker.
Please be very careful on how much calcium you give your dog, you could end up with a very sick dog and even sicker puppies. I never give extra calcium and I have noticed my girls do not even touch bones around a week before giving birth, so they know to regulate their own calcium intake, as you are not feeding the same as me but commercial food your dog will not be in a position to do this. It was around 10 days after birth that my girl started eating bones again, but it was only the meat initially that got stripped off and even now (babies 4 weeks) she doesn't crunch the whole lot up
Okay sounds good. The vet told me to give her extra calcium, but I have been reading that you shouldnt until after the pups are born. It was a bit confusing. I've got her on Purina puppy chow, it has a lot of good nutrients in it. She seems to like it alright
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Lovely pic You're gonna be busy
Wish her well
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Aww she looks lovely!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2013, 11:55 PM
They're not here yet then! I can't go to bed without checking here one last time!
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Lovely pic You're gonna be busy
Wish her well
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Aww she looks lovely!
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
They're not here yet then! I can't go to bed without checking here one last time!
Thank you all very much! Okay girls I am super excited/nervous!! She refused to eat her dinner tonight, and has been laying in her whelping box and panting. Im thinking maybe close?!? Maybe tonight or tomorrow?
Page 8 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »