Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Internet / Email Providers

I'm thinking of changing my email provider when the years contact is up at the end of January. I'm fed up with the problems i'm having accessing my email account with Tiscali, for a few hours most days now I can't get access. It doesn't come up with messages like server busy it just won't let me in. Their customer support is also poor - I wasted an hour on the phone to them last week only to be told that the fault was at there end. When I ring I am often on hold for soo long that the phone cuts out. The email replies I recieve to complaints (if they bother to send one) are also unhelpful. Anyway my question is, is this standard with all service providers or have i just been unlucky?
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I use ukonline and never have any bother with them. If their service is down, which is VERY rare, there is a phone number to check the status. They also respond very well to emails and their helpdesk is very good. That's been my experience of them anyway and I've been with them for about 5 years now.

btw, that's dial up so not sure if their broadband service is any different.

Helen
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks Helen. Will look on their website for costs etc now.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2007, 07:33 PM
try gmail it is good no spam or very little and safe
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Whatever you do don't go with BT, I've had broadband with them for about 18 months and I can take about 30 minutes trying to get online, then once I'm online it will just keep hanging up. I've tried their helpline, which is very expensive, and emails. Unfortunately I don't think they read your emails, they just send an automated reply to what they think you're trying to say.
I had to stay with them for 1 year and it's taken another 6 months of trying to contact them to tell them I want to cancel.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm with Blueyonder from Telewest - I get unlimited broadband for £25 per month and it's never give me a moments bother. Yes, it crashes sometimes, but comes back very quickly
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
We have AOL unlimited broadband for £14.99 a month and we don't have any trouble with it. I think that there's only been a couple of times when I haven't been able to get online.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm with B.T And personally i've never really had a problem, i think in the whole time we've been with them (4 years or so) i've been off line for 1 whole night, but they were trying very hard to fix the problem there end.

I was going to change from B.T for my home phone, because i thought they were rather expensive, but after weighing up the pro's and con's i decided to stay with them.

I pay £26 a month for unlimited BB
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I have been on the internet for over 12 years thats when you did not have any chose, since then i have use many different ones, lke Aol, BT, Virgin, Orange, Powergen etc
I am now with Talk Talk I have only had one little problem with them but it was sorted very quickly. They are a lot mor ehelpful than any othe isp I have used and one of the cheapest.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm with BT and had no problems with the service i get except the price i pay BT can not provide any faster connection than what i have got so i'll be changing to Sky broadband as soon as i can (when BT contract runs out) just on the cost.

As for the e mail if you want to try G Mail all you need to do is pm me your e mail and i'll send you a invite to get an account. With G Mail (from google) you can get the E Mails forwarded from the google server to you also you can give yourself a nickname you can send from outlook express or incredi mail so need need to go to your account unless you want to change settings.

The Dogsey E Mail that AZZ provides is powered by the G Mail server so azz backs the services as well so it can not be that bad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >