Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 07:02 AM

Internet Explorer Script Error

Hi, wonder if any of you computer buffs can help?:smt017

It started off that I used just seldomly get this message on the odd occasion but now it is almost constantly coming up all the time.

It is a box that says in the title Internet Explorer Script Error and in the subject box states there is an error on the script of the page, do I want to continue running the script and I have to either click Yes or No. (wording might be slightly different to this but this is the gist of it!)

Can anyone tell me how to stop it popping up as it is now driving me up the wall!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Most of these Errors that come up are to do with your colour settings and what browser version your useing

If your using Internet Explorer later than 5.5 then there is an hot fix for it go tot he Microsoft Update site and update your system this should get rid of the error your receiveing. If it's not 6 or now 7 then you'll have to do the following

Error Message: Internet Explorer Script Error

Iternet Explorer Script Error An error has occurred in the script on this page. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

CAUSE
This error message can occur if you have configured Windows to use the 16-color palette.

RESOLUTION
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click Display.
Click the Settings tab.
In the Color Palette box, click 256 Color or a higher setting.
Click OK.
Restart your computer when you are prompted.

Effects Internet Explorers

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5

Taken from Microsofts Help & Support site

(To find out what version your using click on Help then About Internet Explorer)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Ohh now then, I am a bit of a computer dunce but I am pretty sure it is more than 5.5 I think it is 6.00 - it is XP Professional anyway!

We have tried to to various updates for our computer when prompted but keep having errors in the download so I guess this might have something to do with it? I will give it a go though.

Thanks very much for your help