Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 04:48 PM

Strange season

We have been waiting for one of our girls to come in season, she was due beginning of July. Well finally on Sunday she was showing signs, ie. slightly swollen, tiny spotting of red discharge. Today it seems to have gone our dog is still showing some interest in her, sniffing etc. but no obvious signs of her being in season.

Now could this be just the slow start of her season do you think??? She is absolutely fine in herself, not drinking excessively etc. eating well, just seems really strange

Any suggestions on what you think may be happening??

Thanks
Sharon
Lizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2004, 05:50 PM
It's probably just a slow start to her season. Are you waiting to mate her? If so she's just doing it to annoy you!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Yes we do have a stud dog lined up ready and waiting, she is already 10 weeks late, so I think she's doing it on purpose........lol. after the disaster in the summer where we lost a litter, I was really having second thoughts if I wanted to try again (this is a different bitch) but decided to go ahead, she's been health checked, had all the relevant tests etc. so it's probably me eagerly waiting and her knowing I am........
liberty
Dogsey Senior

15-09-2004, 03:50 PM
I read somewhere that bitches can have a 'split heat' where they appear to come into season, then it stops and reappears 4 to 8 weeks later.

libs
jayne
Dogsey Senior

15-09-2004, 03:54 PM
i had a bitch once whom was same as what your experiencing...she bled for couple ov days and then i thought season had stopped...it hadnt...she was still in season just no blood...id see if your vet does ovulation pre mate tests...this will tell you whats happening and wen to mate her if shez having what they call a dry season...or perhaps your own male dog will be a good indicator...good luck...jayne
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2004, 05:24 PM
I reckon she is just winding you up LOL
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2004, 09:54 PM
whispers to dogwebbers..................you don't even get a cuppa tea in Bristol .....
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 01:48 PM
:P
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't believe this girl of mine.........she's done it again this weekend, started off with the swelling and red discharge and once again by Monday it had all gone..........haven't a clue whats happening with her.

My vet said to leave her another week then she will do a blood test to see what's happening with her hormones!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Ok, just an update, my girl has been swollen all week with the odd spotting, nothing much. Today she is really swollen with red/blood discharge.............my question is:-

Do I take today as day one? or last weekend when the swelling first appeared??

I am really confused.............and it doesn't take much to confuse me........lol.