Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stimpy
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2009, 10:40 AM

help for a friend x

hello eveyone. i need some help as a friend has asked me for advice but i dont have an answer for her. her alsation came into season on the 1st of this month but she only blead lightly for three or four days. the problem she has is the neighbours dog got to her yesterday, shes asked me if there is any chance her girl might get pregnant even though shes stopped bleeding. she really doesnt want puppies and doesnt know what to do. so is she safe cos the season is over and theres no need to worry or can she still get pregnant. x x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2009, 11:35 AM
hello eveyone. i need some help as a friend has asked me for advice but i dont have an answer for her. her alsation came into season on the 1st of this month but she only blead lightly for three or four days. the problem she has is the neighbours dog got to her yesterday, shes asked me if there is any chance her girl might get pregnant even though shes stopped bleeding. she really doesnt want puppies and doesnt know what to do. so is she safe cos the season is over and theres no need to worry or can she still get pregnant. x x

Hi ignore the amount of bleeding, that can vary from bitch to bitch , a season lasts around 21 days but can be longer.

The bitch would have been on day 12 and there is a good chance she could be in whelp.
I would advise your friend to contact a vet ASAP and arrange for an injection to terminate any possible pregnancy.
stimpy
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2009, 11:50 AM
thanks for the answer hun. shes really upset as she has no intention on breeding her girl.iv phoned her and shes going to phone the vet this afternoon when she gets home from work and arrange it. i think she thought she would be ok as normaly the seasons are heavy and shes never had one like this before. x x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:47 PM
She should make an appointment for her bitch to be spayed at the same time. Then any future accidents can be avoided.
stimpy
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:58 PM
shes been waiting for her to come into season so she can arrange to have her done as her vet said he would do it three months after her season. i think its prompted her to get it sorted now. i get the impression that because her girl wasnt bleeding she thought it was over and done with even though it was so short. i know nothing about this sort of thing and felt a bit helpless when she asked for advice. x x