Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I do love all dogs but when I worked at vets sadly it was mainly staffs every dog bite/ attack that came in. And so many had to wait out the back as they were dog aggressive and couldnt go in waiting room.

Well....I think that may be down to the owners don't you, the Chav/Staff sydrome...I hope so anyway. That little Maltese that was attacked by a Staffy was on lead and almost in the same place as poor little Poppy.
Elaine xx
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Poor Poppy, hope she's feeling better soon .
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Poor Poppy, hope she's feeling better soon .
Thanks Kelz, You know, I don't know what I would do without all my lovely friends on dogsey.
I'm sure she will bouce back, at least I hope so, she is a bit quiet at the moment, but then it's been a 'bit of a day'. Will see what tomorrow brings
Thanks
Elaine x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 10:46 PM
It is awful when your dog is attacked even if they are partly to blame. Fudge had a run in with another collie who didn't want to share her ball.....I think I was in a worse state than Fudge though so just let the vet check her tomorrow and try and stay calm and confident around her still. Sending you huge hugs though as I know how awful you will feel.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Just caught this thread. Really sorry to hear what happened. Hope your girl is ok and of course I hope you are ok, I can imagine how you must feel xxxxxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Let us know how things go Elaine, hope you're OK too ;o) xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
It is awful when your dog is attacked even if they are partly to blame. Fudge had a run in with another collie who didn't want to share her ball.....I think I was in a worse state than Fudge though so just let the vet check her tomorrow and try and stay calm and confident around her still. Sending you huge hugs though as I know how awful you will feel.
Thanks Rach,
She seems ok this morning ate her brekky, no problem. Limping a little but I guess it will be sore now. Yea got an app. this evening will let you know. xxx

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Let us know how things go Elaine, hope you're OK too ;o) xx
Will do, thanks Pidge xxx

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Just caught this thread. Really sorry to hear what happened. Hope your girl is ok and of course I hope you are ok, I can imagine how you must feel xxxxxx
Thanks werewolf, yea it was such a shock, but I slept ok and so did Poppy. She has just had her brekky and is lying in her bed now. Ben Keeps going up and trying to lick it, but she keeps growling at him.
Elaine xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:25 AM
I hope Poppy is ok today and you are feeling a bit better to.
I understand how shaken you are as I have experienced the same on many occasions and it does take a long while to get that worry out of your system. (((hugs to you both)))

Originally Posted by Boxer Boy View Post
So sorry about your dog, I know what it's like to see a Staffy with it's teeth locked on your dog.

I have a definite policy now, as soon as I see a Staffy mine are put on the lead.

All very well saying it's deed not breed, some breeds are responsible for too many deeds.
I have to say because of the area I live in I actually agree with this statement. Much as I love staffs, I really do as people dogs, you can't get any breed more soppy with people, you only have to look through any dog forum to see most dog on dog attacks involve Staffys and people defending them and naming other breeds.
I know many other breeds with undog friendly dogs and have met quite a few, Border Collies and JRT's stand high on my list. I own a JRT who is soppy with all other dogs, but I know the majority are not so don't defend them in any way and sadly Staffs are no different. Speaking to vets locally in the past they have said they see quite a few Staffy attacks every week and thier the ones that make it to the vets, there will be even more that don't. They see other dog on dog attacks too but they are much fewer and far between. You do get your good ones with other dogs but I have only met 3 dog friendly ones in the past 4 or 5 years out of perhaps 50 or 60 different ones. Not all the 50 or 60 were with irresponsible owners who let them loose to attack many were with good owners who kept them under control but said they were dog aggresive or thier dogs showed aggression to mine while controlled.
Sorry i am definetly not staffie bashing because as I said I actually adore them when I am without my dogs but I am just being very realistic.
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:29 AM
poppy faith gives you a lick and says
'well done for nipping back and not being helpless gal, try and avoid fights though. sometimes dogs are just brought up bad, but still enjoy your walks as walks are really cool...(woop!) hope your feeling better soon, fellow BC bitch, faithey AKA blicker

hope water ( ) and some sleep has made you less shaken up elaine,
and lets hope it never happens again hey!
daisy xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I hope Poppy is ok today and you are feeling a bit better to.
I understand how shaken you are as I have experienced the same on many occasions and it does take a long while to get that worry out of your system. (((hugs to you both)))

I have to say because of the area I live in I actually agree with this statement. Much as I love staffs, I really do as people dogs, you can't get any breed more soppy with people, you only have to look through any dog forum to see most dog on dog attacks involve Staffys and people defending them and naming other breeds.
I know many other breeds with undog friendly dogs and have met quite a few, Border Collies and JRT's stand high on my list. I own a JRT who is soppy with all other dogs, but I know the majority are not so don't defend them in any way and sadly Staffs are no different. Speaking to vets locally in the past they have said they see quite a few Staffy attacks every week and thier the ones that make it to the vets, there will be even more that don't. They see other dog on dog attacks too but they are much fewer and far between. You do get your good ones with other dogs but I have only met 3 dog friendly ones in the past 4 or 5 years out of perhaps 50 or 60 different ones. Not all the 50 or 60 were with irresponsible owners who let them loose to attack many were with good owners who kept them under control but said they were dog aggresive or thier dogs showed aggression to mine while controlled.
Sorry i am definetly not staffie bashing because as I said I actually adore them when I am without my dogs but I am just being very realistic.
Thanks Bev, yea I know what your saying and considering the attack the other week on that little Maltese by me as well....Oh I love staffy's too. It's such a shame
Poppy is ok this morning, if a little grumpy with Ben.
Will see how she gets on today, no walks for her though as she is limping now.
Elaine xx
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »