View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 10:27 AM
I have only washed georgie with water - not shampoo.

I dont see the problem with this as water must be the same as taking him out in the rain ?????
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 12:49 PM
If Max is exceptionally muddy I'll take him up to the bathroom and shower him with no shampoo/soap.

In the summer he gets "hosed" in the garden!

We only use shampoo if he has rolled in something stinky, or has been for a dip in stagnant, smelly mud
jellim182
New Member!
Female 

05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
So baths or showers? which wud you say is best?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
for tiny puppies i bath .....as the shower spits and can scare them ....

i put a few inches in the bath with water jugs filled up with clean water to rinse the shampoo off

once they get used to the water sloshing about and don't seem scared then i use the shower head in the bath
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
The pups were bathed in the kitchen sink with a flanel or something in the bottom to stop them slipping about and the adults were showered in the bath.

They got a bath only when they were really stinky other than that we used baby wipes on them to get the muck and ukky off
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 09:34 PM
hiya

i dont see a problem with bathing him - as you say if you dont use shampoo all the time its no different to dog just getting wet. Bruno gets a bath every 2 weeks approx as especially during the winter months as he gets filthy being so low to the ground and he hates to be brushed, I use a natural shampoo but do wash him in it every 2 weeks - if he is just muddy i just use showerhead on him to get it off.

Also because I am allergic to dogs - the dirtier and smellier he gets the more itchy I get so its best that we are both kept happy.

Bruno knows when he is filthy and smelly though as he will go and get in the bath !!! LOL
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Weve never bathed Roxy, if she smells we simply give her a wipe over with the wet wipes
jellim182
New Member!
Female 

09-11-2006, 08:17 PM
harley had her first bath and loved it. we just put a few inches of water in and let her paddle a bit. as soon as i figure out how to put pics up i will do coz she looked adorable!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
I shower mine and use sebomild shampoo it doesn't dry the coat, they are lovely and silky afterwards, they are a couple of muck rakers so not washing them is unthinkable
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987 View Post
We've never bathed our dogs, They are self cleaning xxx
I have never had to bathe Jess either, we only had her going on 7 weeks but with how much mud she gets on her its impressive! lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >