Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:04 PM

Boarding kennels

Well I've just left my doggies at the kennels

We are going away for the night and it's the first time I've ever had to leave any of my dogs at the kennels. Tammy was as good as gold and whereas she would normally run from people she actually stuck like glue to the side of the kennel girl I am glad to a certain extent that I have left them cos it gives Tammy a bit of experience in being around other people.

Jas was quite happy to be left, he was running around the run like an idiot and didn't even notice I had gone

How many of you leave your dogs at boarding kennels when you go away?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Aww Nae, they are gonna have a blast

Do they stay together in the kennel?

Well seeing as I havent left Luna yet, I dont kennel Oh and when I come over to visit you guys in august, Luna will stay with a friend and her dog. This will be the first time ever, that I leave her for more than a workday
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I do and have just picked them up after a 16 night stay. i felt really bad this time as the old boy who is almost 12 didn't settle too good (he's been in the same kennels several times before.)at first. The lady said she thought it was too long for him . I felt really guilty. So promised i wouldn't leave him again. The other 3 were fine. non the worse for their stay. They settle in quickly and are well looked after there .I still worry tho and get my sister to ring up to see if they are ok.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Mine are going in kennels in July. It will be the first time for Smudge, i'm more worried about him, i don't think it will bother the other 2. But at least they will all be together.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi Traci know how you feel, as you say at least they all go in together . It does get easier the more they go into the kennels tho. For us that is.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Dinah goes in on Wednesday for a week

We did two days back in whenever - April I think - and she was fine, and so were we!
That was the first time I've put a single dog in kennels - I won't worry about it this time; I actually think they have a grand time, but I appreciate what you say about oldies Rocky. We all like our home comforts and usual routine as we get older
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Very true ,
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Smudge like's the sofa too much, my oh said shall we put that in the kennels with him then he will think he's at home
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
They are gonna be sharing a kennel so we got a 10% discount lol

I felt bad leaving them but I know they are gonna be okay. The kennel girl has a staffie at home so she said she'll look after them for me

If they settle okay this time then I'll leave them again in August as we are going away for a few days. The kennels they are staying at are also owned by a Labradore breeder. The kennels are spotless and the runs are enormous

J fingers crossed for when u come to visit
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
im sure they will have lots of fun
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >