Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dragon
New Member!
Male 

11-08-2006, 07:10 PM

Crate Training Help

HI
I have a 10 week old pup and loads of people said to get him crate trained and it will stop him peeing in the house i would like to crate him but i have done time myself and i feel like i am locking him up for nothing i want to go in to protection training with him so i want him free in the house when he is older please what do you think ???????????
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2006, 07:21 PM
hi crate training is very useful and you can dispense with the crate when he is older,most people use them when they are not in , so if you are in 24/7 you might not need one.also just out of curiousity what do you mean by protection training? my old dog is a retired personnel protection dog and it isnt easy to keep one as a pet as you have to be on your guard all the time with them ie when exercising them in public mainly cos people dont understand about not touching them! hope you arent offended by me asking!!!!!!!!
Dragon
New Member!
Male 

11-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes i was thinking just to use it to get him fully house trained then do away with the crate but just leave it about for him to use to sleep and be away from the kids

I mean real protection training i know its hard to keep one and i dont let people touch him and people give you a funny look no i am not offended you asking i we be glad if you can tell me more many thanks
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2006, 08:17 PM
hi pleased you are offended i will send you a pm so as not to alter your post!!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
This Dogsey article on Crates may be of help/interest to you: http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=15552
poodle-mad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi Ya, I have 6 dogs and all of them have been crate trained. I would highly recommend it to any one. I only put my dogs in them when I went out and at night, it really does prevent any bad habits starting and makes a happier life for you and your dog. good luck with your pup.
Dragon
New Member!
Male 

13-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Many thanks people i think i will crate him and do away with it at six months +