View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 07:43 PM
WOooo ickle baby!!! SOooo happy you have gotten this far...

I would highly reccommend Urban Detour buggies from Mothercare..We have had 3 3wheelers from there and they are FAB!! The new ones have car seat attachments and pram attachments.. I love them!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:16 PM
awwwwwww im really pleased for you everythings going well

whats them prams called that look like swirly chairs on wheels??

saw one the other month and nearly crashed my car laughing (sorry to anyone who has one but.... ) lol
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:31 PM
That's fantastic, Catrin. Love the scan pictures too.

Elain, I agree with you that newborns look better in hand knitted things!

My gran is a seamstress and has knitted countless items of baby clothing for folk, including my friend! Babies should wear hand knitted cardies!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Ooo thank you everyone. I will have a look at the buggies you suggest.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Aww an ickle baby!

I was very lucky as I got given one of these.....
http://www.silvercross.co.uk/balmoral_pram.php

It had been to Canada and back and has been renovated and this lady wanted it to go to a good home. Was such a dream to push round the shops and I walked for miles with it, though you do get stopped a lot by people saying how lovely it is to see a baby in a proper pram.

Happy days!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Aww an ickle baby!

I was very lucky as I got given one of these.....
http://www.silvercross.co.uk/balmoral_pram.php

It had been to Canada and back and has been renovated and this lady wanted it to go to a good home. Was such a dream to push round the shops and I walked for miles with it, though you do get stopped a lot by people saying how lovely it is to see a baby in a proper pram.

Happy days!
Ooo lucky you, that is lovely! Having a small flat we need to have one that will be able to get in and out of the door fairly easily and also that will fold down, or fit in the cupboard under the stairs.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Ooo lucky you, that is lovely! Having a small flat we need to have one that will be able to get in and out of the door fairly easily and also that will fold down, or fit in the cupboard under the stairs.
Yes it had to live in Mum's garage and def couldn't get into a car as it was huge!
I joined the NCT when I was preggers, they can be a bit radical, like banning anyone from buying Nestle products because of their history of stopping mum's breast feeding in the third world, but they were brilliant and I got given soooo much stuff as was on income support..... and being Ascot it was lovely stuff.
I got a cot for £20 and a moses basket for £8 from the car boot, and my Mum was brilliant at car booting whilst I was expecting. Charlie had all Osh Kosh etc, but none was new.
I think the only new things I had was a steam sterilser as a leaving pressie from work and a good old McClaren buggy for going on the buses.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Yes it had to live in Mum's garage and def couldn't get into a car as it was huge!
I joined the NCT when I was preggers, they can be a bit radical, like banning anyone from buying Nestle products because of their history of stopping mum's breast feeding in the third world, but they were brilliant and I got given soooo much stuff as was on income support..... and being Ascot it was lovely stuff.
I got a cot for £20 and a moses basket for £8 from the car boot, and my Mum was brilliant at car booting whilst I was expecting. Charlie had all Osh Kosh etc, but none was new.
I think the only new things I had was a steam sterilser as a leaving pressie from work and a good old McClaren buggy for going on the buses.

Oh yes, i have booked my classes for the NCt and will be joining them too. seems like a good way to get to know other parents in the area.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3