View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Sylv ia has been taking dogs from puppy farms in ireland and wales for round decade. I'm curious if this effects anyones views?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
But still helping the PF out, whether you like it or not.

He is simply pointing out facts, nothing more, nothing less!
No he is giving his opinion!

In your opinion its helping them out and fact to others it's not. To others its a FACT that the dogs will be replaced anyway and they would rather a few make it into rescue or be pts humanely than smaked round the head with a spade

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
Repeatedly proclaiming something to be a fact does not necessarily make it so.

It is not "the bottom" line that they* are helping puppy farmers get rid of unwanted/used/abused stock - and helping make way for more to follow in their place" just because Azz says so.

Neither is it a fact "that when you take an ex-breeder from a puppy farmer you-are-helping that puppy farmer." just because he says so.

Helping a dog in need is helping a dog in need.
Totally agree.

It appears that I am not a dog lover then because I also take the cast offs from a vile industry.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
MichaelM - as has been pointed out by JB & Krlyr - they are not mutually exclusive and I am merely pointing out the facts (and some might argue, refusing to bury my head in the sand!).

Rescues taking PF's ex-breeders *are* helping PFs as-well-as helping the dogs. I never denied the dogs weren't being helped or they didn't deserve being helped - I pointed out that the PFs are, without doubt, being helped.

See previous posts.
In your opinion - still dont make it a fact. Do you feel the same about greyhound rescues?

Originally Posted by spot View Post
Exactly
Please tell me what you think happens to all the other p/f breeders who do not make it into rescue - and the majority do not! It is far more convenient for a p/f to use 'other' methods to get rid, drive to a remote area and dump the bodies than to drive to a rescue! That space WILL be made availabe REGARDLESS of whether a rescue takes them or not.

Unfortunately in this world dogs do have to be pts, poundies included and many many rescues do take last day dogs. However the fact remains some will be pts, how would you rather it be done? Spade round the head or needle by someone who cares, willl make sure the dog is actually dead and not in agony? A possible reason some rescues do take p/f breeders AS WELL as poundies?
Azz you seemed to have missed the questions above.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
It appears that I am not a dog lover then because I also take the cast offs from a vile industry.
We mustn't be either. After being dumped by her PF, Maddie was awaiting being PTS when thankfully she was taken in by a rescue for rehoming.

I'm sure her substitute was already in place regardless of her fate.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Update from Manytears site .. 18/04/2012..
18-4-12 UPDATE
Sylvia and I would like to confirm that we have now hired a solicitor and provided him with copies of the defamatory materials, either e-mailed or posted online, regarding ourselves and Many Tears Animal Rescue. The solicitor has also been given documentation to prove that the comments and allegations are in fact false and that even some elements of truth have been reported in a misleading manner that we consider malicious and defamatory.

We will now be following the advice of our solicitor as to the next steps and taking legal action, where appropriate, against the persons or organisations that have published libellous statements against us.

Thank you for your support.
Bill and Sylvia
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Whoops, maybe dogsey is on the list? Reckon nothing, will come from it though its pretty hard to distinguish libel on a chat forum from discussion.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:45 PM
They are tightening up on all sorts of internet stuff though---I'd expect they could well be a test case for some of it.

They have recently arrested various people for things that they wouldn't have bothered with before.

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2012, 04:52 PM
With the right people behind them and you could be right Rune...
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
They are tightening up on all sorts of internet stuff though---I'd expect they could well be a test case for some of it.

They have recently arrested various people for things that they wouldn't have bothered with before.

rune
i think those cases were criminal, not civil?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i think those cases were criminal, not civil?
Not sure---I don't think the unmentionable site ones were? It will expand anyway. There is a big upsurge against what has been going on generally I feel.

Hope so anyway!

rune
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 >