View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shelbys_mom
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2008, 01:14 AM
We've had a couple of rough days this week. She has been vomiting a couple a times a day and my stress level is depening. It is so hard to see her this way but I feel so guilty about being the one to decide her fate. I know that people go through this everyday but as I said before, this is a first for me. She's been with me for at least half my life and it's hard to imagine her not in it; eventhough I have 7 others. I just wish that there was an easy way to tell if she is truly ready to go or if she's in any kind of pain. She is a tough one and I am most certain that she would never want me to see her pain!
Janet M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2008, 05:12 PM
My heart goes out to you. I know how you are feeling, I lost my dog seven years ago and he was 18 1/2 I was devasted, but his quality of life had gone. He gave us all his love and trust and so we let him go. Lots of hugs to you, xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear your news and my heart really goes out to you as its such a difficult time.
The only advice I can give at a time like this is that we have to put our own feelings of sadness and impending loss aside and do what is best for our beloved friend not what is best for our feelings.
You will have plenty of good memories to hold onto and you don't want one of those to be that she suffered and had no quality of life at the end.
I believe the biggest act of kindness we can show them is to let them go with dignity.
Sending lots of (((hugs))) I've been there a few times and it never gets any easier.
standardnuttydo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I really feel for you, I think if she is having more bad days than good, then the time is right to kiss her goodbye.

Get your vet to come to your home it is much much nicer for you all and no stress for her.

Lots of love & hugs to you both
Anne
--X--
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2008, 09:34 PM
When i lived at home we had a westie who lived for 15 years. He always came running to see me when I went back home and was so lovable. I knew his time had come when one day i went to visit and to also help to take him to the vets. On this day he didn't get out of his bed, he found it difficult to walk but he did it and he looked at me as though his is it.

He went for tests at the vets and his blood tests wern't good. He was diagnosed with renal failure and the vet said he could come home but he would only last a few days. We decided at this point that it was unfair to him to take him back home as his quality of life had passed. It was the hardest thing to deal with as i had grown up with him and it was sad to let go. However, when the time comes it is the best thing to do in order for them not to suffer.

To the very end nipper was lovable and lay on the table looking at me and giving me kisses but he was very quiet, subdude and from the look in his eyes I knew it was the right decision.

You do just know from looking at your dog when it is time.

All the best with your decision you will know when the time is right and whenever the time comes it will be hard (I cryed for a week) you just have to think of them and what is best.

xx
shelbys_mom
New Member!
Female 

26-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I am very sad to say that Shelby was put to rest on Monday, June 16th. After taking a turn for the worse that morning, the decision was made to longer allow her to suffer. It was the hardest decision that I have ever had to make and I will never forget it. The vet's office had been telling me for months that I would know when it was time and I now have come to understand exactly what they meant. She was creamated and will forever be with me. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and believe me when I say that she is and will forever be an angel!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Run free Shelby, be happy at the rainbow bridge.
RIP little one xx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Run free at the bridge.
So sorry for your loss, but be comforted by the thought you did all you could for your girl.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 06:07 AM
So sorry for you loss. She's not alone though, all the Dogsey dogs gone before her will be there to look out for her.

Run free little one.

Heidi
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Run free at he bridge sweet thing. Thinking of you.
sorry for your lose hun hugs from me.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >