Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lleonder
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2008, 05:00 PM

How to bring on a season?

Just wondered if anyone knew of any supplements that would help bring on an impending season? My bitch is due in the next few weeks but if she doesn't come in soon will miss Crufts. I know it's not the b and end all and it would be nice if she could make it. I will not consider taking her in season or chemically interfering by getting her jagged but had once heard there was some vitamin or natural supplement that helped bring them in if they were almost due?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I`ve heard that if one bitch is in season, the others will come in too - you could try that if you know someone with a bitch on heat. Otherwise, it is possible to postphone a season with medication (see your vet)
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 06:15 PM
That's usually bitches that live together (in a pack they'll come into season together so the other bitches have phantoms at the right time and are able to help out the breeding bitch with feeding)... not sure it'd work just to introduce her to a bitch in season.

I'm sorry I've not heard of things to bring on a season - only postpone them.
lleonder
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks anyway. I have another bitch but as this one is still quite young they havnt yet started to come in together. I dont want anything from the vet as I have heard that messing about with seasons just now can cause problems later and also increases the risk of a pyo.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 06:52 PM
nothing works really ....just pray ya never know
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 10:07 PM
A move can bring them on, if you have a good and willing friend maybe sending her to stay there for a few days could bring it on. I had a bitch come to stay here and the move brought her in.
Icewolf
New Member!
Female 

31-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Apparently a homeopathic remedy called Sepia can help this along and also helps with phantom pregnancies ... have no idea whether it works or not