View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2006, 05:44 PM
An adult would require a vivarium measuring 1.2 meters (4ft) long by 60cm (2ft) deep by 1.2 meters (4ft) high. These measurements are to be used as a guideline only.

The vivs are 4ft 6 long.. 2 feet 3 deep and just an tad over 2 feet high.. thats each..

so if thats the case louise's tanks are bigger than the guideline!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Well having seen an argument and wanting to put an end to it I spoke to my friend who has had 43years in reptile owning and has a sanctuary and a shop.

He says, WD will live quite comfortably in a viv twice their length although it is recommended that the viv be between 4-6ft in height due to the fact that WDs are kean climbers.

Hope this helps to solve the matter

Hugs
Donna xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2006, 05:46 PM
you and me both........
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Ozzy has plenty climbing space.. He has a Plastic tree outwith the viv that I bought specially for him.. (for when he isn't sitting on my curtain pole..

The viv wasn't originally built for Ozzy there was another snake it it...

Ozzy was a rescue case (as I didn't like lizards) and I would say that what he has now is a million times better than what he did have..

The housing he is in is adequate enough for him and if it wasn't it would show through his health..

Obviously everyone would prefer a "bigger the better attitude"..

I would love a huge house.. I am sure that the dogs would love a bigger garden... the fish a bigger tank, the cat a bigger litter tray, the car a bigger engine...

Ozzy is happy and healthy and fine in the viv he is in.. If he wasn't I would be the first person sorting that out..
zero_gecko
New Member!
Female 

28-08-2006, 05:54 PM
To be honest I missed a lot of the posts out, so I might repeat things...

The ball python's cages look very nice! They are very lucky.

You have a good length for the water dragon, but I'm sure he would appreciate at least 2' more height. My two spend about 70% of their time on the top branches of the cage. But I know when I move house I will probably make them a 5' tall viv, which will be well decorated, personally I prefer well decorated reptile cages to paintings and other more traditional forms of decoration. Their cage looks like a mini jungle, just more plasticy, as I know they like eating plants they shouldn't.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2006, 05:55 PM
1 problem with that you might get more animals.....
you know he gets what he needs don't take this thread to heart.
every one has their own views on any given topic doesn't mean they are right!
they are your reptiles no one else's do what you think is best, like you do anyway.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by zero_gecko
personally I prefer well decorated reptile cages to paintings and other more traditional forms of decoration. Their cage looks like a mini jungle, just more plasticy, as I know they like eating plants they shouldn't.
yes so do I..

I hate the plastic tank backing's I prefer plenty of natural looking plants and wood and slate..

The only problem I have with plants is the crickets eating them
zero_gecko
New Member!
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah, crickets can make a real mess, I have had to throw out fake plants before, cause they just chew chunks of them, leaving them looking a right state.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Guys - it's not really fair to discuss housing sizes in someones picture thread.

If anyone wants to talk about recommended sizes for the different kinds of reptiles please use this thread: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...271#post727271

I'm locking this thread for a while.

Thanks.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5