View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 06:20 PM
I put him in his new home 10 minutes ago - did while still snoozing so he knows where bed is! He feels so big in my hand now, and his prickles really do hurt now!

Here's his home, courtesy of Kev. (the run is temporary so we know he is doing OK.)

Have sprinkled 'Spikes Dinner' and some bird nuts in the run for him to find, and later will put a dish of cat food and some water in to ensure he eats and drinks later.

BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Aww, that looks great I'm glad he has done so well
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Hugh (as he is now named!) is going to have a surprise when he wakes later, he is in garden with no run!

We have just moved his house to a space we made in the border, and have also made a cage out of an old shopping basket to put food and water in, he will be able to get in and out no problem, there is a hole in the top (was the bottom!) so I can put food in and we then cover with a slab to stop Hollie pinching it!

I feel very proud he has got this far, happy he is big enough but slightly sad too - I am daft!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
I feel very proud he has got this far, happy he is big enough but slightly sad too - I am daft!
Totally understandable, he is a gorgeous boy

Lucky you were able to help him
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trish

I feel very proud he has got this far
and so you should be If it wasn't for you, things could of been very different.

He's a credit to you
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Second night now that Hugh has not been here - checked his house yesterday morning to find it empty, same this morning. Just hoping he is OK and enjoying the big wide world.

As a friend said - ungrateful hedgehog, after everything we have done he ups and leaves us!!

If he is OK then this is the best thing that could have happened, he can live like a proper wild hedgehog.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Oh Trish,
I don't know what to say,bet your feeling quite sad but he is a wild animal after all,quite an ungrateful one at that like has already been said.I do hope he's doing ok.Perhaps he'll come back and visit.Remember without you he wouldn't have got this far.
Well done xx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey, guess what??

Just seen him!!! In the garden so put some food down by him, he had a sniff and walked off!! Obviously doesn't like supermeat, prefers chunks in jelly!

We watched him, from a distance and saw where he went - I have a willow in a pot, which stands on the raised patio and the slab is raised slightly off the ground by bricks. He climbed up the rockery type wall (only a foot or so high) and went round by my tree!!!

Hugh is fine!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 10:04 PM
aww thats brill news that the litttle fella has come home you must be all relieved and so happy to see hugh
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Aww a lovely happy ending I'm so pleased Hugh is happy and free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5