17-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew
Helena he got 4 chickens

my son came in for lunch from school
saw me in the garden and burst out crying

bloody fox!!!!!!!!

Foxy this fox has been in our garden even when hubby has been out there before
it just don,t seem scared
but normally when the dogs are out it don,t come in so i thought they would be safe to have a run around
i feel very guilty now
and have to tell my youngest when she gets in
she loved them chickens

Sounds a bit dangerous, a fox that isnt scared of humans Tim sometimes sees one when he walks Benji at night but they won't come anywhere near you, they are soon scared. I look out of my bedroom window at night and sometimes see one but they always shoot off if you open a window or make any noise at all.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear about this Jackie, sadly this is a side to Foxes that requires the control.

If you want the Fox shot, pm me I should be able to find somebody in your area that will do it.
Dawn.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Dobiegal don,t blame yourself
your chickens like mine should be able to roam safely in our own gardens

thank you for that Pita
don,t know what we will do then

Foxy this same fox went into my friends garden a few weeks ago and killed her 2 pet rabbits in daylight too

it lives on the field by us but i think someone is feeding it
which is making it unscared of humans

if only they could come and explain this to my kids as to why their pets had to die like this
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 01:02 PM
will pm you now Borderdawn

thank you
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 03:42 PM
So sorry to hear about your chickens.

I have 4, and although I haven't seen a fox round here I know there are some. After my pet ducks were killed by a fox when I lived with my dad I keep the chickens penned in.

Again, sorry for your loss.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Firstly I am sorry to hear about your chickens

Have you tried getting the RSPCA to move the fox to a better location? My mum had a problem with a fox and the RSPCA came round took it and released it else where so it would not be a problem to anyone.

The problem is people do feed them and they will always come back to find food, people think they are doing the foxes a favour.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 04:01 PM
sorry to hear that poor chickens , i would also phone the rspca and ask them to release it else where i think having it shot is a bit harsh myself it is an animal after all a pain to you i agree , but shooting it ! what if it has a litter some where i would be humane and call rspca
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
sorry to hear that poor chickens , i would also phone the rspca and ask them to release it else where i think having it shot is a bit harsh myself it is an animal after all a pain to you i agree , but shooting it ! what if it has a litter some where i would be humane and call rspca
Doubt it has young anywhere now, most have up and left. RSPCA are useless, you give them a ring and see what they tell you. Dont forget this is an urban Fox and you MUST have the land owners permission to release it anywhere, what Farmer is going to allow a daytime killing, people friendly Vermin species to be released on their land?
Dawn.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Doubt it has young anywhere now, most have up and left. RSPCA are useless, you give them a ring and see what they tell you. Dont forget this is an urban Fox and you MUST have the land owners permission to release it anywhere, what Farmer is going to allow a daytime killing, people friendly Vermin species to be released on their land?
Dawn.
i aint going to argue with you , you dont no that it hasn any litter left . there is other ways apart from shooting it is all i am saying
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 04:18 PM
That's awful. Sorry for your chickens
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >