Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 02:40 PM

Gob Smacked

Now not much in life leaves me speachless but this really has .......down my street there is an unruly family (every street gottas have one I guess) who have lived there about a year ..their dog was run over a few months back ( busy road here) and have had 2 cats go missing URM and 2 run over , NOW i see they have a new puppy about 6 mths old yapping it;s head off on a lead on a trip to the school ....nice Inca says to the horrid bully type man aww whats a cute puppy where did you get him from ..man replies rescue Inca is gob smacked ! now don't wana start any rescue fights here but my god ......poor puppy hope I am not gona have to pick this one up off the road in a few weeks ...
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 02:48 PM
i assume u mean a guy like that shouldnt have got a rescue?
I really dont know how some dogs end up in these homes.

Just yesterday my dad was saying he thinks they should slacken the rules on getting rescues. since they turn alot of people down if they are working fulltime etc, or garden not secure enough, it jus means that they go to breeders instead and get one anyway. then the rescue dogs get left out.

What do u think of that?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 02:58 PM
something has to be wrong ........... i'll sniff it out to find out more .....
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2004, 03:14 PM
i think there needs to be rules regarding rehoming a rescue,the last thing the dog needs is to be homed then dumped,mistreated etc again in its life.
i think if the new owners are the right kind of people then they should be allowed to have a dog that is in need of a good home.
i dont agree with the rule regarding full time workers,alot of people have to work to provide for the dogs and can be better owners but they need to be able to have the time needed for the dogs needs too.but as a good owner you would find or make the time for your dog.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 03:34 PM
yeh, i really think they should change their rules.
like, my dad found it very hard to get a rescue dog since he works fulltime and also he doesnt have a fence to fence off his front garden. and its a shame, cos hes financially stable, and very into animals. Yet the rescues let all sorts of people have dogs I mean, for one, my OH's parents arent financially stable enough to have a dog, but they got one and their house is a complete tip all the time, making it very difficult as u need to keep an eye on the dog all the time
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 05:00 PM
We were turned down by many rescues because we live in a flat but have always given our dogs the best lives they could want. Some of the rules do need looking at.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Aaawww poor puppy
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2004, 05:35 PM
My sister-in-law can't have a dog because she has a children under 7 years. Apparently they have been to a few rescue places and they keep being turned down cos of the childrens ages.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
poor puppy
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2004, 07:30 AM
As much as rescues do an amazing job, and i am a volunteer myself for newfoundland welfare, when we went to find a dog from the rescue where we got pepper from, we just went and came home with her, there was no home check, or second visit. At the time i did wonder as they said they would do a follow up home check but they never did, i even rang the rescue before we were due to move house to see if they wanted to come and see her before we left as we were moving out of the area, and they said they thought it would be unnecessary seeing as i had rung them????!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >