Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Do I?

It means it dies naturally without human intervention - via Mother Nature eg predation. How do you think animals die in the wild, magic fairy dust?!

lmao so in other words you would leave it to suffer ...it would be far kinder to put it out of its suffering and leave the carcass for the foxes etc.

Thanks but I prefer real life to paper statistics produced by no one in particular! Plus I've already read it on the other thread you posted it on!
have a read tho i dont think it will make any difference lol some people have a fixed mindset where foxes are concerned.

http://www.thefoxwebsite.org/agricul...ibenefits.html
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Leave nature to do as nature does at its best.

I have no problem with wildlife rescues , as long as the wildlife is released back into its natural enviroment.

I do have a problem when those that can no longer survive in the wild are kept in captivity.

Captivity should only be used for endangers species..IMO
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm still trying to weigh up my own opionions on this, I have seen and learned from both sides, and am now still weighing up the pros and cons, but at this point here are my thoughts on it.

If a animal is injured because of people, things like RTA's, pets etc, then yes I think that they should be rescued, if a animal is orphaned because of the same things I think that it should be rescued, as we are what caused it, so we should put it right as best we can IMO.

However if a animal is injured or dieseased because of nature, then as hard as it is, I think that it should be left to nature, as them animals, more then likely will become part of the food chain, and thats needed, and we should leave nature alone as much as possible IMO, not barge in and think our way is the best way, thats when problems are born again IMO.

However, if the animals that are injured by people are 'alien' species, or over populated pest species, I don't think that they should be rescued, or at least realised, as if they are alien they aren't meant to be here, and we should do our best to stop them breeding even more in this country, if its a large animal or one that can cause harm, I think that caution is needed if they have been rescued and are in captivity for a long time and become use to people before realising, as wild animals are meant to be wild, and should therefore have a healthy fear of people, if there is no fear I would put it with a illness that means a animal can't be realised, and if a animal gets to that stage I think consideration needs to be taken before deciding whether the animal should be realised, kept in captivy or destroyed.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6