Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
WHy not go for a part share or part loan at the moment??

That will give you some experience in the meantime to get you ready for having your own..
That sounds like a sensible idea, I will look into it Thanks.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I have a field you can skip everyday LOL
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I've ridden a few clydies and shires and they have all been fab.Big plods until you gee them up and boy they can move!!! However Belle broke all the rules and literally dragged me around a hack one day keeping up with all the TB's.

I have a soft spot for TB's x Clydesldales, i would definately have a look into them! or maybe i'm just bias!!
THis was my old loan horse who sadly got sold from underneath me. He was a clydesdale x tb and i got him when he was 4. I had lost my last loan horse as he was put down, i never thought i would fel the same way about a horse again then murphy came along! he was so chilled for a baby but so talented!

excuse the body protector under the bodywarmer. he had decked me at the show the day before and i decided to be safe and put my bodyprotector on for our gallop in the field

and his mummy - Cassie. Who was an utter delight, did a few hacks on her and she was just marvelous. She sadly got put down a few years ago, but she was one in a millon

and my other old loan horse, Savannah a clydie x tb.... had a lot more get up and go then murph though

mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Clydesdales are amazing, id love to have one one day, if i ever get baclk into horses & win the lottery!!!!

I used to lean back on Justins front feet 3/4 Clydie 1/4 TB & hed eat a pny nut out of my mouth, he was so fabulous!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Moobli, I know its not exactly next door but have you thought of going for a hack here http://cumbrianheavyhorses.com/

They used to be in Skye and are fabulous if they still have Max he is just the best! Would give you a real taste of what they are like to ride. When they moved from Skye they rode the horses all the way from Skye to their new home stopping at stables and pubs on the way.

And when I finally get my hol in the lake district I WILL be going to visit them.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:56 PM
omg!!! What a place!!!! i so want to go!

Anyone want to go on a a dogsey dogLESS holiday?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Gorgeous horses Nikki. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Benzmum - I have seen the Cumbrian heavy horse place and am trying to talk my sister into coming with me for a day or two I am from Cumbria (and my parents are still there), so I could combine a visit to the heavy horse place with a visit to my mum and dad

It looks and sounds fabulous.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5