View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Kirsty go down to Harelaw...the place is fulllll of Irish Draught/Sports horses..just don't touch Pedlar!!!!!

the owner is always buying in horses for people and is a very very good judge of horses,...
If you tell him what you want he will look for you..

AND of course you can ride there too..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Horse & Hound is always a good place to look for any horses. Im sure there are websites just for heavy horses too. The best thing if you settle a specific breed, is to contact a breed club as they will be able to give you information of where and how to go about buying a safe, sensible horse from a reliable breeder/owner. I know the UK friesian society have quarterly newsletters where people advertise horses for sale also..

Here's some pictures of my mare. She's only a youngster in these, but i've added some pics of her parents at the bottom to give you some idea what they look like fully grown:
Absolutely stunning! Your mare and her parents.

Thanks again for all the help and info.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Did anyone see "Country file " last night.

A tracking centre which use only Clydesdale and Shires.
boy did they go for it on the beach...as frisky as any other type.

What you have to remember is the cost of shoeing for something as big a a Shire.

Not sure how it works around the country, but some Farriers will charge more the bigger the shoe..and huge horses have huge feet.

We have a Draught X , but he is out living with friends now, as my daughter does not compete any more.

I love ID , but they can be stubborn so and so`s

Here is is pic of him.. he is of "King of Diamonds " lines, but will let you guess the other?????

I did see Countryfile. Those horses were gorgeous and seemed fun to ride too!

Your horse looks amazing. I have no idea on lines though, so couldn't even guess!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Kirsty go down to Harelaw...the place is fulllll of Irish Draught/Sports horses..just don't touch Pedlar!!!!!

the owner is always buying in horses for people and is a very very good judge of horses,...
If you tell him what you want he will look for you..

AND of course you can ride there too..
Thanks Louise, that is brill. Not too far away either. Do you ride there? I am going to get in touch with them about going down and getting some riding experience. Thanks.

What is up with Pedlar?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Just to say thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I am getting lots of different viewpoints - here and from other friends, and my head is spinning at the moment. But it is all very exciting!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks Louise, that is brill. Not too far away either. Do you ride there? I am going to get in touch with them about going down and getting some riding experience. Thanks.

What is up with Pedlar?
NOTHING is wrong with him!!!! he's MINE!! stay away...don't touch..leave alone..

I am generally a Saturday SLave...CJ has lessons every week..while I get roped into mucking out, leading, tackin up etc..

Murray will sort you out if you are looking for a horse..

They have lessons in the school starting at £11 for 30 minutes..£22 for an hour..or you can hack out..for the same price..2 hour beach rides are £48 I think..but are for more experienced riders..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Oops sorry Louise! I didn't realise Pedlar was yours! Any photos please?

The rates sound really reasonable. How long would it take me to become a competent rider if I were to go for an hour a fortnight, (for example)?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Oops sorry Louise! I didn't realise Pedlar was yours! Any photos please?

The rates sound really reasonable. How long would it take me to become a competent rider if I were to go for an hour a fortnight, (for example)?
Ummmm photos..oh..they have a wee website..http://harelawequicentre.website.orange.co.uk/

They are very reasonable! It would depend on a lot of things..natural talent, balance etc..

Have you got a Bebo page?? Have about 3 albums of pics from Harelaw on it! LOL..
Have sent you a couple of links..
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2009, 02:02 PM
lovely horses guys....

im getting another at the end of this year/start of next

best time to buy i think with the credit crunch etc...

no help with breeds kirsty as im more into tbs/x's and warmbloods.... and ponys lol.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2009, 10:50 AM
There are quite a few sites to visit which give regional areas to view horses for sale in your area. Not sure if Im allowed to post them on here though?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >