Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2010, 07:07 AM

Gazebo - What Colour?

Am pondering a purchase of a gazebo that I can use both at home in the garden and at some out door dog shows (the ones where you are allowed to bring your own).

Now one waterproof pop up gazebo that I am looking at comes in various colours....oooh decisions....it doesn't come in purple thou.
I have decisions of either white, cream, royal blue, green, red, orange etc etc.

What I want to know from those 'experienced' Gazebo owners is....
what's the best colour for keeping the coolest in the summer months..
LOL ok so we don't get the real hot summer months for extended periods..but ideally if we do I'd like to get one that will double not only as something to keep the dogs & humans dry but also to keep them cool/in the shade.

Also if you have purchased a gazebo are there any (inc companies) that I should steer clear of? (I am wanting to buy a waterproof pop up one, 3x3 no bigger)

Thanks in Advance for any advice!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 08:11 AM
We have a blue pop up gazebo, and just love it to bits it's so easy to put up and put down, providing there are two of you, I find putting the side panels on a bit awkward, but that's just because of my health problems . I guess that with practice you could put it up on your own

I'm not sure about which would be cooler for the dogs in a hot summer everything tells me white or cream should be cooler, but then would they keep the sun out altogether, I appreciate that sounds silly, but I think white or cream might be a bit more transparent (please someone tell me I'm being silly ) all I can tell you is that in the odd hot summer days we've had, we have had Jack in the shade in the gazebo with a cool blanket on, and he's been fine

What colour to chose if you don't go for white or cream, I'd steer clear of green, simply because there are millions of them out there, we can always tell where we've parked as our is the only blue one around

I don't think you'd regret buying one, I'm not sure if there are any makes to avoid, we've not had any problems with ours, but I don't know what make it is I'll get my son to find out later for you
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 08:33 AM
White or cream should in theory reflect the sun keeping the inside cooler but I agree with CLMG they might be more transparent.
I also agree that everyone has green (I have) and so if you get a more unusual colour, at a show etc you would know exactly where your gazebo was.
I got mine from a DIY store but don't ask me which one, I get dragged around so many, they all seem the same