Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Robbie and Lady have only been with us for 11 weeks but so far:-

1.Lady chewed the back of her dad's ben sherman shoes (don't why he was moaning, his jeans cover the damage)

2. We went to Anglesey for the weekend a few weeks back in a holiday cottage and the grill on the oven was at Lady's eye level and the door had to be left open while it was on, and she managed to get her snout in and pitch a half cooked rasher of bacon and then ran round the room while it cooled, and we couldn't catch her.

3. A few weeks ago I got two pieces of bread out and turned round to put them on the worktop, and Lady jumped up so fast and took them off me leaving me with a bit of the crust.

4. Their dad went out on a Friday night for a few drinks and came back with chippie - chips and cheese and onion pie for him and a sausage each for the dogs. He bent down to put the sausages in their bowls and when he turned back, Lady had jumped up and pinched his pie and was devouring it as fast as possible.

5. Robbie has dug a hole right in the middle of the back lawn and each time he dug it, I filled it until we both gave it - I stopped filling and he stopped digging so stuck with this hole.

6. I put the rucksack I use when we go out for a long walk to carry water for them, on the stairs meaning to take it up. Lady took it up and I praised her for tidying up until I realised that she had chewed one of the straps so had to get a new one.

7. The best one of all is on Sunday morning just gone, Robbie was playing upstairs on his own and we could hear him downstairs, charging from one bedroom to another - imagine the sound of 5 1/2 stone of greyhound belting round. Lady went up to see what he was doing and screamed, we ran up thinking she had got in his way and ran into her. We think there had been some sort of collision but the best of it was Robbie had been diving on our bed from the doorway, pushed the duvet on the floor and ripped the egyption cotton bottom sheet to shreds!!!! I could have killed him but had to think that when he came, he didn't know how to play so at least he was happy and enjoying himself, and the door is now firmly shut!

I'm sure they will do more in the future.

Karen
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post

1.Lady chewed the back of her dad's ben sherman shoes (don't why he was moaning, his jeans cover the damage)

2. We went to Anglesey for the weekend a few weeks back in a holiday cottage and the grill on the oven was at Lady's eye level and the door had to be left open while it was on, and she managed to get her snout in and pitch a half cooked rasher of bacon and then ran round the room while it cooled, and we couldn't catch her.

3. A few weeks ago I got two pieces of bread out and turned round to put them on the worktop, and Lady jumped up so fast and took them off me leaving me with a bit of the crust.

4. Their dad went out on a Friday night for a few drinks and came back with chippie - chips and cheese and onion pie for him and a sausage each for the dogs. He bent down to put the sausages in their bowls and when he turned back, Lady had jumped up and pinched his pie and was devouring it as fast as possible.

5. Robbie has dug a hole right in the middle of the back lawn and each time he dug it, I filled it until we both gave it - I stopped filling and he stopped digging so stuck with this hole.

6. I put the rucksack I use when we go out for a long walk to carry water for them, on the stairs meaning to take it up. Lady took it up and I praised her for tidying up until I realised that she had chewed one of the straps so had to get a new one.

7. The best one of all is on Sunday morning just gone, Robbie was playing upstairs on his own and we could hear him downstairs, charging from one bedroom to another - imagine the sound of 5 1/2 stone of greyhound belting round. Lady went up to see what he was doing and screamed, we ran up thinking she had got in his way and ran into her. We think there had been some sort of collision but the best of it was Robbie had been diving on our bed from the doorway, pushed the duvet on the floor and ripped the egyption cotton bottom sheet to shreds!!!! I could have killed him but had to think that when he came, he didn't know how to play so at least he was happy and enjoying himself, and the door is now firmly shut!

I'm sure they will do more in the future.

Karen

Oh dear sound like you have 2 naughty pups full of mischief, hope they improve and dont to anymore damage, its funny to read it after they have done the damage.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't mind if they were young pups but they are 4 years old. Must be that wherever they were before us, they didn't have any fun or toys to play with and it's coming out in them now.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
and in such a short space of time! my lurcher behaved that way too but i have to say that it did all become a dim and distant memory eventually!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Fluffles (my choc long coat) got my OH's wallet last night and chewed it to bits. Luckily, she didn't start on his cards and he had no cash in there, so could have been worse. OH was NOT a happy bunny She's a year and a half and still will chew leather. Has already had my Son's trainers and my OH's iPod case. She only likes leather - oooooppppppsssss
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Smart dog, she got good taste, thank goodness there was no money in the wallet.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 03:28 PM
one? cant choose one - you pick the worse lol

pulled up the woodden floors......

torn up the stair carpet..........

broke into the spare room and ripped open an binbag in there ..........(mess)

scratched the door and its frame..........

dug up the garden, whilst doing this ate the soil ..............

chewed through the wiresw in the bac of my car........which broke part of it.......

stolen endless amounts of socks..... undies..... sandwiches

raids the bin daily (used to be because we didnt shut the door - our fault - now she opens the door...)!

i could go on......

despite all this i love her to bits and woludnt change her for the world....!
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2009, 04:27 PM
My Boxer teenager (girl) has completely destroyed 3 seater and 2 seater leather sofas, tv controls, mobile phone, bars of soap, moisturisers, toilet rolls, toothpaste, a cactus, shoes, slippers and boots, a marker pen, my son's toys with wheels, placemats, a tv unit and the legs of a coffee table, a rug, cushion dog bed, our mail, my flower beds, three cds and two dvds, hairbrushes, plastic kids cups (she loves those!) clothes especially underwear......the list could go on. She is by far the most destructive boxer pup I have had so far but it would help if her partner in crime would stop opening doors into rooms and allowing her to wreak havoc, cue latches on doors now. She can catch birds in the garden too much to my disgust when she brings the corpses into the house to chew
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 04:43 PM
oh dear!!!! I thought Fluffles was a monster but I'm thinking she's not so bad after all
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Too numerous to mention them all but worst ...

charlie - packet of wallpaper paste (ended up in the vets for the night)

dennis - walls - most of them - loves plasterboard and anything wooden! Nope changed my mind, he just about gnawed away the legs off our last dining table!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >