View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 10:27 PM
OMG!!! How petty...Lola isn't registered so its not paying for anything for a rescue..and rescue or not she is a loved member of the family...It's paying for the name to be associated with my dogs..ALL of my dogs..

Ask your expert..if she knows so much..
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Can I ask whats the big deal about someone having an affix, there are thousands of people out there with their affix;s these are not just posh names, this is a way of identifying certain dogs be it in the showring,or out working, there is nothing suspect in someone owning an affix they dont have to be breeders to ow one.

I have stopped posting im many of the topics on here because of the small minded, nit picking that goes on from people that have'nt a clue.I only posted here because it got my goat up that in two topics certain parties appear to be having a pop a one member of this forum for some strange reason, and its out of order.

Mo
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well you can safely know you have done yourself no favours.
Its just a forum not my real life no big deal relax take it easy dont want any of you to pop a blood vessel
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
Its just a forum not my real life no big deal relax take it easy dont want any of you to pop a blood vessel
So true
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Really surprised there hasn't been more expert opinions on this thread...its a shame really that people simply can't back up their bravado when the facts are asked to be put forward!
Are you why? The way many ethical breeders have been slated, myself included, lately for no good reason I'm not surprised at all.

Oops I forgot apparently I can't even call myself a breeder because I have never bred my own litter! (Oh I must be suffering from delusions of grandeur to deign to call myself an ethical and selective breeder of quality dobermanns. )

My stud dog is fully health tested, has rarely been used (because I am so strict on what he goes to not for lack of offers). I insist on contracts for the pups he produces, I have a list of people waiting for one of his pups (one person has been waiting for 18 months). I hold myself partly responsible for any pups he produces, he has been placed at Crufts for the last 2 years,and one of his pups qualified too. I view that all of the above has helped to further my breed.

Also Khans temperament has changed many peoples view on dobermanns in my home town, I was mad for getting a big vicious dog but now most people love him and compliment me on how well behaved both my dogs are. The downside to that is there has been an increase in people buying dobes and they have got them from puppy farmers and think that good manners come overnight without much work.

Also having a mating booked (via a free ad by the way ) the owner had been vetted and the bitch had all the relevant health checks done but whilst checking out the pedigree and finding that the bitch carried the white gene, he went on to get her spayed on my advice. All of the above have helped my breed imo.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by mcgregorkh View Post
Are you why? The way many ethical breeders have been slated, myself included, lately for no good reason I'm not surprised at all.

Oops I forgot apparently I can't even call myself a breeder because I have never bred my own litter! (Oh I must be suffering from delusions of grandeur to deign to call myself an ethical and selective breeder of quality dobermanns. )

My stud dog is fully health tested, has rarely been used (because I am so strict on what he goes to not for lack of offers). I insist on contracts for the pups he produces, I have a list of people waiting for one of his pups (one person has been waiting for 18 months). I hold myself partly responsible for any pups he produces, he has been placed at Crufts for the last 2 years,and one of his pups qualified too. I view that all of the above has helped to further my breed.

Also Khans temperament has changed many peoples view on dobermanns in my home town, I was mad for getting a big vicious dog but now most people love him and compliment me on how well behaved both my dogs are. The downside to that is there has been an increase in people buying dobes and they have got them from puppy farmers and think that good manners come overnight without much work.

Also having a mating booked (via a free ad by the way ) the owner had been vetted and the bitch had all the relevant health checks done but whilst checking out the pedigree and finding that the bitch carried the white gene, he went on to get her spayed on my advice. All of the above have helped my breed imo.
You are another good example Karen of people having an affix but not having bred a litter yet, which was what Bajaluna was slating people for (other thread.) You must have delusions of grandeur as she said, a few of us others do too! I expect like myself and the others on the thread, you dont see £20 a year as a "waste of money" either for the upkeep of your affix.
Dawn.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I.m confused..I can't work out if mcgregorkh is having a go at me or not LOL.. due the delusions of grandeur bit and the quoted post..

Oh thanks Mo...

And I think you will find it IS real life..maybe not on here but it is for the poor dogs being bred like machines or without health tests etc..THAT is real life and YOU make it that way..
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I feel that I am an ethical breeder breeding to better my breed, I have only bred twice, but the dam was consistantly placed at championship shows, got BOS at Crufts, had all the relevant health tests and passed (the results were published in the BRS, the sire I used were also consistant winners at championship shows, also had all the relevant heath tests and passed, results also published in BRS, the temperments of all dogs involved are excellent(something that I am very keen on) from my first litter of 6 pups I kept two, from my 2nd litter of 4 pups I kept 1,all the dogs I kept from my breeding have been shown at championship shows and are consistanly placed (if I was breeding total crap this wouldnt happen as I am not well known by judges to have an influence on them) the other pups all went to fantasitc homes, and out of the 2nd litter some of the pups I didnt keep are going to be shown (hopefully) they are only 5 months old at the moment, the homes they have gone to are families that had been on my waiting list for 18months plus, I would not breed if I didnt have enough potential families, ALL my pups are contracted to come back to me FOR ANY REASON and not to be passed to any third party, I am in constant contact with all the families from both litters (my first litter was in 2004) I am there for any of the families to contact for any advice,(got a call last night as one of the latest pups got stung by a bee) the pups that I kept from my first litter have also been health tested and clear of any hereditary problems, I may or may not use them in future breeding, but felt I needed to have the test done to ensure no health problems were evident. I did not breed for profit as in both litters I did in fact lose money overall BUT gained pups from both litters. If I was in it for the moneyt I would be banging out multiple litters every year, instead of the litter I bred 2004 and the second one in 2008. I kept all my dogs for their whole life, I would never dream of passing a dog that I no longer had breeding plans for onto someone else, my dogs are my life,my family first and formost.

Mo
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
You are correct Jayne, this is 'just a forum' but one used by many people (but not all )to exchange information and discuss topics in an adult manner.
We may not always agree with other peoples opinions, that is why we have debates. If people have an opinion and it is expressed clearly and in an adult manner others are more likely to take note of it..

NB It is good to note from a number of posts in this thread that we have some members who do give careful thought to breeding responsibly, and some who choose not to breed at all but do their best to further their chosen breed.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I feel that I am an ethical breeder breeding to better my breed, I have only bred twice, but the dam was consistantly placed at championship shows, got BOS at Crufts, had all the relevant health tests and passed (the results were published in the BRS, the sire I used were also consistant winners at championship shows, also had all the relevant heath tests and passed, results also published in BRS, the temperments of all dogs involved are excellent(something that I am very keen on) from my first litter of 6 pups I kept two, from my 2nd litter of 4 pups I kept 1,all the dogs I kept from my breeding have been shown at championship shows and are consistanly placed (if I was breeding total crap this wouldnt happen as I am not well known by judges to have an influence on them) the other pups all went to fantasitc homes, and out of the 2nd litter some of the pups I didnt keep are going to be shown (hopefully) they are only 5 months old at the moment, the homes they have gone to are families that had been on my waiting list for 18months plus, I would not breed if I didnt have enough potential families, ALL my pups are contracted to come back to me FOR ANY REASON and not to be passed to any third party, I am in constant contact with all the families from both litters (my first litter was in 2004) I am there for any of the families to contact for any advice,(got a call last night as one of the latest pups got stung by a bee) the pups that I kept from my first litter have also been health tested and clear of any hereditary problems, I may or may not use them in future breeding, but felt I needed to have the test done to ensure no health problems were evident. I did not breed for profit as in both litters I did in fact lose money overall BUT gained pups from both litters. If I was in it for the moneyt I would be banging out multiple litters every year, instead of the litter I bred 2004 and the second one in 2008. I kept all my dogs for their whole life, I would never dream of passing a dog that I no longer had breeding plans for onto someone else, my dogs are my life,my family first and formost.

Mo

For what its worth Mo, I would consider you to be an ethical and caring breeder and wouldn't hesitate to point someone into your direction if they were seeking a pup xx
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »