View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I have bred one litter my whole life,3 are in search and rescue,2 do agility and the others all went to a hunting home and have won awards for hunt trials I bought my bitch from the free ads
I wonder if any of the people they rescued cared where my bitch came from
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I had Maddy spayed, that furthered my breed. Was the best thing for Weimaraners worldwide let me tell you now.

That made me , I love Weimaraners and I would so love to meet Maddy, she sounds like such a character.

J
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
That made me , I love Weimaraners and I would so love to meet Maddy, she sounds like such a character.

J
lol, you must be mad, anytime you are in the area you are more than welcome.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
I have bred one litter my whole life,3 are in search and rescue,2 do agility and the others all went to a hunting home and have won awards for hunt trials I bought my bitch from the free ads
I wonder if any of the people they rescued cared where my bitch came from
Im sure they didnt but then they would not care if it was a rescue dog or a pedigree. However that doesnt answer the OP when you got your dog from the free ads (not that thats important) had the parents had all the relevant health tests and did you do all the tests for the breed? What did you consider was important for breeding your litter?
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Im sure they didnt but then they would not care if it was a rescue dog or a pedigree. However that doesnt answer the OP when you got your dog from the free ads (not that thats important) had the parents had all the relevant health tests and did you do all the tests for the breed? What did you consider was important for breeding your litter?
nope I did no health tests dunno if the parents were health tested just bred cause I felt like it
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:37 PM
oh an I forgot I did it till a puppy was hanging out,but all the puppies are perfectly healthy and all have jobs and my bitch is healthy too
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
nope I did no health tests dunno if the parents were health tested just bred cause I felt like it
So not to better the 'breed' at all then and without a thought to hereditary problems?

Why?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I had Cruiser neutered as he was pet quality and has a long coat which is not accepted in Malamutes.. (Edited to add.. That having him neutered was of course in his pet contract which all good reputable breeders should do with their pet quality pups)

Really surprised there hasn't been more expert opinions on this thread...its a shame really that people simply can't back up their bravado when the facts are asked to be put forward!
As a breeder i dont feel I have to answer to any of you on here in view of previous comments over the last few days.
People who buy my puppies are still in touch for advice and respect me.
People in my breed respect me.
As you dont posess a welshie and I doubt your interested in a puppy your opinion of me and my ethics is irrelevent.
If you have a minute you could look throught the brs you seem so keen on quoting ad nausium and have a look at my hip scores eye test etc.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2008, 11:37 PM
So my question to all breeders who come on to this site is, what have you done to further your breed?

Have you bred any champions? Regular winners? Do you even show your dogs at all?
Have your helped eradicate a bad trait, illness, or regularly occurring deformity
Anything else?

And if not, why do you continue to breed? How do you justify breeding more animals when thousands are put to sleep every year?

I'm sorry if this is a hard hitting topic - just interested
I haven't been involved in breeding for many years, but some years ago I was a junior partner in a small show kennel. Health testing was only just coming in at that time.
We bred from only the best dogs which conformed to the breed standard.
We also helped to found a breed club for one breed by holding events to raise cash (we held a hotpot and pie supper once for 200 people).
A number of our dogs went to found other show kennels and we mentored new owners teaching them about the breed/trimming/showing/selecting breed lines/offering help with whelping. One person went on to get reserve best in show at Crufts, another became the secretary of a Championship Show. We bred a number of dogs which became Champions both here and abroad.
When puppies were sold as pets we taught the owners to trim if they wished to learn, or took back dogs back to trim if they were in the area. We also boarded our 'own dogs' when the owners were away.
Looking at a number of current pedigrees in two breeds, I am able to see the progeny of dogs we bred and it is good to know our dogs played a part in producing some of the lovely dogs we see today
I am greatly indebted to the very knowledgeable people who took the trouble to teach me about a number of breeds. I hope over the years I have been able to share the things I have been taught with those who also wished to learn.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-06-2008, 11:47 PM
/off topics posts deleted - please get back on topic/
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »